Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think If enough people complain about the way they are ruining collecting and prices are awful then they mignt take it on board but I doubt it. I've just sent them a message about the 7 they have annonced for the next two months (and I'm not even interested in 5 of those) and then 2 more pixar and Oz in May at those prices) (the pixar will drop but not by much and maybe Oz by £1-£2) I'm at a point now where I don't want to collect these anymore and they should be no more than £9:99 and the pixirs at £17.99 maybe and the same with Oz. It's ridicolous . I've messaged them anyway as feedback
I think If enough people complain about the way they are ruining collecting and prices are awful then they mignt take it on board but I doubt it. I've just sent them a message about the 7 they have annonced for the next two months (and I'm not even interested in 5 of those) and then 2 more pixar and Oz in May at those prices) (the pixar will drop but not by much and maybe Oz by £1-£2) I'm at a point now where I don't want to collect these anymore and they should be no more than £9:99 and the pixirs at £17.99 maybe and the same with Oz. It's ridicolous . I've messaged them anyway as feedback
I totally agree, received too many average quality steel's recently. I don't think I've had a mint steel from Zavvi or Amazon this year.

I totally agree, received too many average quality steel's recently. I don't think I've had a mint steel from Zavvi or Amazon this year.

Same here unfortunately. It's the sheer volume in a month and prices of these films that are over 10 years old that make me sick.
Funnily enough I've mentione cabin fever a few times in the steelbook want thread and on ninja week in the horror comps and came as a pleasant surprise for me but ill never pay more than £10.99 for it. Utter p*ss take. The 7 they annonced including sleepy Hollow will drop £15.99 or maybe £14.99 but I'm just sick of it now

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
I'm only interested in this and cabin fever but in my opinion they should be no more than £9.99.
Does anyone else think they are taking the p*ss here a little with announcing more for March /april? And with the pixar and Oz price? It's ridiculous. Hopefully these don't sell out and I'll wait for the £9.99 or less in June

There's a guy on Twitter who constantly complains to Zavvi about the volume of steels they release, and the only response he ever gets is one saying they'll "pass on his feedback". Problem is, he still goes ahead and buys them all, so why would Zavvi stop/slow down? People need to take action themselves instead of expecting Zavvi to, because as long as they're getting sales at the current prices, then they've no reason to change anything.

Back on topic - I expect this steel may actually sell out during pre-order because of the film's popularity, so I hope there's a decent voucher code floating around once it goes live... I don't want to miss this one!

Fantastic
100% Purchase
I have been waiting for a Sleepy Hollow Steelbook to happen

That price has to be a placeholder
Its a back catalogue title from StudioCanal and I would expect the Price to end up in £12.99 to £14.99 range

In a flash sale this would be £10.99 to £12.99

There's a guy on Twitter who constantly complains to Zavvi about the volume of steels they release, and the only response he ever gets is one saying they'll "pass on his feedback". Problem is, he still goes ahead and buys them all, so why would Zavvi stop/slow down? People need to take action themselves instead of expecting Zavvi to, because as long as they're getting sales at the current prices, then they've no reason to change anything.

Back on topic - I expect this steel may actually sell out during pre-order because of the film's popularity, so I hope there's a decent voucher code floating around once it goes live... I don't want to miss this one!

Yeah I think I've seen that. Well I complained back and forth with them about the marvel animated steels and I actually got an answer out of them. Wasn't the greatest but they went into a little detail (which we have all heard before ) about there suppliers and that dates could get pushed back again.

Completely agree but I also think if they have a high surge of feedback complaints they might calm down or not.
I also agree that out of the 7 this will do best but also look at the American psycho and dredd shinanigans some might not see light until June or later anyway. But they need to understand we don't need all these huge volumes each month and lower the God damn prices.

Reactions: Noodles
@Flloydo Yeah, one or the other would be a great start... either lower the prices, or spread out the releases. Getting both would be a miracle! :p

Reactions: Flloydo
Personally I dont Zavvi should slow down, it is a personal choice if you buy something or not. Would people rather have no steelbooks or a large choice to pick titles they want to own from?
You just have to be selective on what you want to buy.

With this one I will wait on the art and also think this is a place holder price and will most likely we 14.99 so may bite at that

Personally I think there are Steelbook's and there are metal tins with photo shopped pictures on them, and sadly there are alot of 'metal tins' being released...As for sleepy hollow, great film, and for under a tenner, I'll think about it.

Personally I dont Zavvi should slow down, it is a personal choice if you buy something or not. Would people rather have no steelbooks or a large choice to pick titles they want to own from?
You just have to be selective on what you want to buy.

With this one I will wait on the art and also think this is a place holder price and will most likely we 14.99 so may bite at that

Funnily enough I am being selective but their process is usually a 3-4 month wait so everything in March and April was set a month or so back so the titles they announce now (going by previous years minus the odd title coming out of knowhere and being released quite soon) should be going on sale around end of may June. Now there verywell could be date changes as that happens allot and few of these new titles might not even be released for a while. Drag me to hell (one example took ages) also I'm only interested in 2 of these titles but my budget is already taken up and Imagine a lot of people on here are like me have a spreadsheet with roughly £100-£150 being spent a month (maybe more or less depending on peoples budgets) and I'm complaining if you like on behalf of other people (and myslef). Now the other thing is I don't get why they announce them so early if they don't have the art already sorted by the studio because then people get aggy like with american psycho and dredd. I can only imagine that maybe this or cabin fever or Nikita and so might not get an update until after they are supposedly released but the other thing is with them if you order from them and they magically get them a lot sooner they won't update you saying oh these are out next week now they will just send them out like the 5 disney steels in December messing with customers budgets for that month and the possibility of them not being able to afford the actual ones they wanted that month meaning people's selective process goes out the window. That was extremely bad what they did with the disney steels and I nearly never had the money because of other items I did select for that month within my budget so what your saying goes out the window anyway.

Also I've already stated like others on here that it is definately a place holder but that don't mean it will drop by much. If they go down to £12.99 then that's much better because there will be discount codes floating around too but they have announced these with their intentions of them coming out rather soon. They usually give it anotjer month or two which makes me think some of these will get shuffled around. Again im only interested in two but i can't stand their audacity. At least 4 of these titles won't sell out anyway methinks giving collectors the chance a month or so after

If i remember right the bluray transfer on this is poor i agree with some of the other posts Zavvi releasing too many steels
The UK Blu-ray is the best version for picture quality its not amazing but it is the best version at the moment

Its lot better than the USA Blu-ray for Video/Sound

US - Paramount has a MPEG-2 transfer with a DTS 5.1 lossy soundtrack.

UK - Optimum (StudioCanal) has a MPEG-4 AVC transfer with a DTS HD MA 5.1 lossless soundtrack

Reactions: Travis Bickle
All these 2k so called limited catalogue releases start off at £19.99 to those die hard collectors that must own that steelbook. Once Zavvi profit from them buyers they will see their stock sit in their warehouse gathering dust. That stock then becomes old stock, so they will need the space and then have to shift that old stock so new stock can take their place. So Zavvi will then lower their prices like they have pretty much done on nearly all of their catalogue releases to get rid of them. We should all be patient and wait. The price will eventually drop and then we can pounce on them lol.