Slipcase and Slipcover - What's the difference?

Jan 18, 2012
First, mods, please forgive me if i posted this topic in the wrong section. To be honest, i didn't know where to open it. :(

That being said, can someone explain to me what's the difference between Slipcase and Slipcover? I never got it. Most of you use Slipcover, but sometimes some members use slipcase... for the same edition. :ohno:

Thanks in advance!

First, mods, please forgive me if i posted this topic in the wrong section. To be honest, i didn't know where to open it. :(

That being said, can someone explain to me what's the difference between Slipcase and Slipcover? I never got it. Most of you use Slipcover, but sometimes some members use slipcase... for the same edition. :ohno:

Thanks in advance!

There is no difference. slipcase is used more in the UK, especially on ebay.co.uk
but they are the same thing.

Reactions: aufdringlich
Thank you both! :emb:

If i understood you correctly...

Slipcase:

0253ah.jpg

Slipcover:
Img_6478.jpg

@Aufdringlich: Yes, your example is correct. Atonement is a slipcase and ParaNorman a slipcover.

Back in the day with DVD there were a lot of slipcases. Now with Blu-ray 99% all slipcovers, which is also better when shipping. Easier to flate. :)

Reactions: aufdringlich
Not to confuse things but I always thought of a slipcase and slipcover to be the same things. I consider a slipbox to be different with just one side opening.

I have to agree with G:Box Slipcase & Slipcover are the same thing, It's just in the UK we always called them Slipcase. A Slipbox is with the opening on the right hand side.
I would say most collector's would go with this rule of thumb.

I don't agree. To me, a slipcase has 1 opening and a slipcover has 2.
I've never used the word slipbox and hardly hear it from others as well.

To me slipcase and slipcover are the same things, it's only the slipboxes that is different. I guess we all have different interpretations of which is which! I think it's also where you are from as the term slipbox is used quite a lot in the UK.