Spider-Man: No Way Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET COLLECTION - Collection No. 24) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May 17, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti - One Click (Pre-order on April 27, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $48.99 (Individual Editions) - $146 (One Click)
Note: 6400 copies, Full Slip A1 - 2150, Full Slip A2 - 1300, Lenti - 2950
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti - One Click

278725029_5695467480488082_1429452798147126532_n.jpg278775215_5695468707154626_1482794288447368122_n.jpg278642954_5695469067154590_4967629834660037754_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, same finish worldwide unfortunately
The UK finish on the Zavvi edition is nicer than the US finish. The US is a streaky matte; it’s really ugly. The UK Zavvi version is a higher quality finish.

I had preordered both since Zavvi put theirs up first and knew there was a good chance that a Best Buy preorder would arrive damaged with it already sold out on release day. So, I had both in hand and ended up keeping my Zavvi steelbook because it definitely has the better finish.

I put pictures of both in post in the Best Buy thread, but not sure it really shows this difference in finish particularly well.

The UK finish on the Zavvi edition is nicer than the US finish. The US is a streaky matte; it’s really ugly. The UK Zavvi version is a higher quality finish.

I had preordered both since Zavvi put theirs up first and knew there was a good chance that a Best Buy preorder would arrive damaged with it already sold out on release day. So, I had both in hand and ended up keeping my Zavvi steelbook because it definitely has the better finish.
That's what I'd heard. So I guess this will have the inferior steelbook then...?

That's what I'd heard. So I guess this will have the inferior steelbook then...?
I don’t know but I can’t see weet releasing an edition with a streaky matte steelbook. If it’s the same as the Zavvi version, then you’ll be okay. I mean, it’s not amazing, or anything, but it does have a faint metallic effect and the colors are a little stronger than the Best Buy version.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I don’t know but I can’t see weet releasing an edition with a streaky matte steelbook. If it’s the same as the Zavvi version, then you’ll be okay. I mean, it’s not amazing, or anything, but it does have a faint metallic effect and the colors are a little stronger than the Best Buy version.
Really? Fair. I meant they're both essentially the same finish. I.e both flat and matte. I did notice the wrap with doc oc's arm was even more misplaced in the US edition mind you, possible that could've just been the angles in some shots though.

The weet version will have the same steelbook as the uk/row though, they always do. Same with the smlife disney releases. US prints tend to differ to everywhere else in that respect.

Reactions: JGCramp
It'll have the same steel as the UK/ROW. Asian WWAs tend to fall into that category. US prints usually stick within the US. Apparently the US has a slightly worse matte finish according to the above, but they're both still a pretty meh flat and matte.

US finish is certainly more streaky. You can tell just from the photos, but when it comes to WWA and these editions I thought the Koreans get what Europe get. Maybe I’m wrong

Saying that, we had the the better finish for the homecoming illustrated WWA. The HMV version was gloss and the one that came with the weet edition wasn’t. Because I remember swapping them over

US finish is certainly more streaky. You can tell just from the photos, but when it comes to WWA and these editions I thought the Koreans get what Europe get. Maybe I’m wrong

Saying that, we had the the better finish for the homecoming illustrated WWA. The HMV version was gloss and the one that came with the weet edition wasn’t. Because I remember swapping them over
I just assumed Asia used the 'Region A' steelbooks as sometimes the movies are region A locked (like Manta's Drive)

Be weird to have a region A disc but a European steelbook. At least that was my thought process. (And I know Manta is not Korean, but its still Asia!)

I just assumed Asia used the 'Region A' steelbooks as sometimes the movies are region A locked (like Manta's Drive)

Be weird to have a region A disc but a European steelbook. At least that was my thought process. (And I know Manta is not Korean, but its still Asia!)
Yeah it is a bit funny isn't it. That's case and point with whomever distributes the film though. Drive has a "local" distributor in HK, so it will be a region A specific disc. The steelbook however probably came from scanavo in denmark.

Similar scenario here, steel will have come from scanavo EU and the discs from sony. As sony is the worldwide distributor here (and don’t typically region lock discs for such titles) they'll likely be region free.

yea the weet/kimchi steel for homecoming was the same steel as the best buy steel, spine, finish, everything (except discs included, of course).

I don’t think many Korean discs have been region locked - from Weet, kimchi or plain - I can’t remember now. I’m not sure but the marvels have all been fine anyway

Really? Fair. I meant they're both essentially the same finish. I.e both flat and matte. I did notice the wrap with doc oc's arm was even more misplaced in the US edition mind you, possible that could've just been the angles in some shots though.

The weet version will have the same steelbook as the uk/row though, they always do. Same with the smlife disney releases. US prints tend to differ to everywhere else in that respect.
Yeah, that's a fair assessment. The UK is better, but not like Brad Pitt's face compared to mine better. Zavvi's doesn't have that cheap streaky dull color matte finish. It's a bit nicer, but still underwhelming given the artwork and potential.

I think think you might be right about the arm misplacement. I've seen a few best buy unboxings that look way off. My Zavvi copy is in a similar spot, although like with everyone's, I imagine, the size of the arm on the spine is just smaller than the one on the back.

Reactions: samdavies
would a chipboard box vendor shut down production of some custom OC boxes for this set (or the 9 WeET editions from this trilogy) because of the artwork, trademarks, etc?

Yeah, during DVD era Southeast Asia had its own region 3, but for Blu-ray, having twice less the number of regions, they were stuffed under Region A, together with Japan and Hong Kong.

This was an incredibly popular film, probably the most popular 2021/22 release. Having said that 6,400 copies is unheard of print run for a premium release.
I can’t think of any premium retailer doing a print run of over 5K ever for any title: Blufans, Nova, Manta, Zeta, Kimchi, and so on. Let me know if I’m forgetting a title?

The OC copies will go fast but unless your a collector that cares about low numbers there isn’t a difference buying each slip separately.
A2 should sell out first easily since there are less than half as many copies as the Lenti. A1 and the Lenti should be easy to order direct or order later for cost on eBay.
I could be wrong since this film is a monster, however I feel pretty confident I’m right.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
This was really easy to obtain on here for how long it was available, even with PayPal errors it looks like people eventually got what they wanted.
For me, and this is personal opinion so could easily be the minority but this was a very disappointing release. There was no booklet, which I can get over but makes a difference for some.
Even without the booklet, I feel there is no great selection here.
If they did a lenticular of the front of a1 mixed with the back of a2 and the steelbook of a1/lenticular I would have happily paid $60 for it.
It makes me wonder if these companies ever ask what fans want. If they did, they could probably charge a little extra but I guess they know items will sell out anyway and as stated, this is purely my opinion and everyone else could love these.

This was an incredibly popular film, probably the most popular 2021/22 release. Having said that 6,400 copies is unheard of print run for a premium release.
I can’t think of any premium retailer doing a print run of over 5K ever for any title: Blufans, Nova, Manta, Zeta, Kimchi, and so on. Let me know if I’m forgetting a title?

The OC copies will go fast but unless your a collector that cares about low numbers there isn’t a difference buying each slip separately.
A2 should sell out first easily since there are less than half as many copies as the Lenti. A1 and the Lenti should be easy to order direct or order later for cost on eBay.
I could be wrong since this film is a monster, however I feel pretty confident I’m right.
i'm surprised the group buy allotment was this small considering the print run.

Last edited by a moderator: