Spine Cut Slash Marks - Post Your Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The more pics you guys post, the better I can help with the powers that be in raising awareness that this is not an isolated event.

Help me help you! Post pics!

slash1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe its happening at a different step of the manufacturing then retail level ... at least these perfect slice spots in middle of spine. So therefore I'm passing this on not to Play but Scanavo global.

Hopefully it will raise awareness and/or get us some answers etc.

Oh right, cheers for clearing that up Wreck keep us posted please! :scat:

This thread makes me go..."Ouch!"

they need to put an extra card board where the distributors will open the box (on top and below)

Scanavo Global have been notified and are going to work with clients to raise awareness to all steps of the SteelBook processing/logistics etc.

We like metal cases, just not metal knifes opening them. :p I've also been told by Play they use blunt plastic objects and not knives.

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will soon become a thing of the past! Obviously this may take a while before we start seeing the affects.... but hopefully our cry has been heard.

Here is a True Grit JB Hi-Fi Exclusive I found on google images. Want to make sure we are covering the globe. ;)

TrueGritslice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanavo Global have been notified and are going to work with clients to raise awareness to all steps of the SteelBook processing/logistics etc.

We like metal cases, just not metal knifes opening them. :p I've also been told by Play they use blunt plastic objects and not knives.

Thanks everyone, hopefully this will soon become a thing of the past! Obviously this may take a while before we start seeing the affects.... but hopefully our cry has been heard.

Great news!:scat: Thanks Wreck

Something I noticed and I'm sure others here have too, is that the slash marks appear UNDER the shrinkwrap, rather than cut through it to mark. Any commonly used box cutter that could do that type of damage, metal or plastic ?? Dumb question time, why are box cutters necessary, aren't the dispatch boxes perforated ?

Something I noticed and I'm sure others here have too, is that the slash marks appear UNDER the shrinkwrap, rather than cut through it to mark. Any commonly used box cutter that could do that type of damage, metal or plastic ?? Dumb question time, why are box cutters necessary, aren't the dispatch boxes perforated ?

I think some of them are slashed before they are sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.