On Air Star Wars: The Acolyte (Season 1) [Disney+]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere

MV5BOTU2MjlhM2YtNmRmOC00NGEyLTljM2MtMGY4MjY3NmJmMDIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
I really hope I'm wrong about this but...

I have a feeling her role in this series is going to be very small. All of Carie-Ann Moss' scenes in the trailer are in just one location. My gut tells me this is the first scene of the series and she is the first Jedi to be killed. I have zero proof of this. And hopefully when we get a full trailer they'll have more scenes with her. But as of right now, I don't think she's last long.

:pompus:

I hate being right sometimes...

Disappointed to not have more Carie-Ann Moss, but I have a feeling we'll see her in some flashbacks or something? Fingers Crossed.

Overall I'm liking it. Feels a little different. Almost like Jedi Cop/Detective show or something.
Episodes are too short though. Glad we had 2 of them to start.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Gotta say, as someone who is as anti-woke as they come, I didn't see why the online community sh*ts on this as much. I thought the first 3 episodes were okay, nothing special but not the worst thing I've ever seen as some have suggested. Sure, it's stunning and brave and it pretty much shouts that into your face everytime it has the chance to. But the story actually intrigues me. The biggest mistake they made was to hire Leslye Headland (and I still have no clue how an inexperienced person could get a gigantic gig like that out of the blue), who seems like a genuinely unbearable person and has not helped the marketing of this show in any way with all the 'Yaaas it's the gayest Star Wars of all time' crap during the press tour. Plus I didn't even see much of that in the first three episodes anyway, but who knows, maybe I'm in for a surprise in the next episodes :rofl:
I'm actually intrigued where they'll take it, and just hope they keep their damn socio-politics out of the Star Wars universe, like making Darth Plagueis trans or something just as a middle finger to the audience. They sure don't keep it out of the interviews, which I have avoided specfically to have a neutral gaze at the show and not be influenced by knowing the crap these people have said, of which I only read a few quotes, which was enough to make me understand why so many are hating on the show. If you call your audience names and all kinds of -phobes and -ists, don't be surprised if the audience doesn't like what you make.
I don't know, the money and behind-the-scenes craft by the art departments is obviously there. I'll wait and see, but am actually looking forward to the next episodes, cautiosly.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I read more than a few youtube video thumbnails saying things like 'Episode 3 is going to break Star Wars forever'. I have honestly no idea what the hell they mean, unless I missed something. There was nothing even remotely of that nature in the new episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Edit: Oh yeah, and I read more than a few youtube video thumbnails saying things like 'Episode 3 is going to break Star Wars forever'. I have honestly no idea what the hell they mean, unless I missed something. There was nothing even remotely of that nature in the new episode.

I think they mean
that if immaculate conception happened before Anakin, then the "Chosen One" theme of the prequels is less significant.

I wasn't sure about this series during the first episode, but then we started watching it as a comedy, and it works really, really well. Each episode has so many moments that are hilarious, and it's fun to see SW veer into outright sitcom while still ostensibly playing it straight. It's too early to tell yet, but I could see this whole series being a parody of The Phantom Menace. (Tell me the younger twin actors in the third episode aren't deliberately channeling the acting "style" of TPM Anakin.) If that's the case, then it's possible that Headland's misdirection with all her comments in interviews is actually brilliant.

I think they mean
that if immaculate conception happened before Anakin, then the "Chosen One" theme of the prequels is less significant.

Yeah that's probably what they meant. Doesn't offend me tbh. My guess is that it might be a sort of trial run done by the same force user, like Plagueis. In the opera scene of RotS George Lucas blatantly suggests that Plagueis or Palpatine created Anakin. So what we see in this show might be some sort of trial or experiment by him and the witches. I'd like that tbh. But who knows, we'll see I guess.
I wasn't sure about this series during the first episode, but then we started watching it as a comedy, and it works really, really well. Each episode has so many moments that are hilarious, and it's fun to see SW veer into outright sitcom while still ostensibly playing it straight. It's too early to tell yet, but I could see this whole series being a parody of The Phantom Menace. (Tell me the younger twin actors in the third episode aren't deliberately channeling the acting "style" of TPM Anakin.) If that's the case, then it's possible that Headland's misdirection with all her comments in interviews is actually brilliant.
:rofl: