Release date: April 5th, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy.com
Price: $27.99
Group buy: Hosted by apsmith21

BB TFA front.jpg

786936849912;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640

BB TFA steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly new to this, but is this version of the steelbook going to be locked to region A?

Disney releases are usually region free, their marvel releases are region free so I'm guessing it will be no different (I could be wrong but I'm hoping not as I don't have a region free player yet!) I have the uk edition on order too so it's no biggie, I'm buying it for the steelbook anyhow...

Fairly new to this, but is this version of the steelbook going to be locked to region A?

Disney releases are usually region free, their marvel releases are region free so I'm guessing it will be no different (I could be wrong but I'm hoping not as I don't have a region free player yet!) I have the uk edition on order too so it's no biggie, I'm buying it for the steelbook anyhow...

I think it's very likely to be region free

you guys think this will be a massive production just like the others?

probably even more so given what it did at the box office.

having said that, I would also expect a lot of defects given the huge print run and just the volume of these that will be created.

might be prudent to order 2x and then return one later if they both show up OK

also, for USA members, I would not take the chance on trying to get one release day without any backup order

• Informative
Reactions: tono06 and harry
Hard call on this one because of the price, premium offerings yet to come and the apparent 3D release later this year. 1st world problem. :)

Reactions: tono06
cheers to @zerox and @apsmith21 for showing us some quality detail something tells me this is goona be the one :D

just be nice if could get a confirm on region free, i suspect is but a confirm would be nice :thumbs:

cheers
basil :thumbs:

Happy it's gloss and debossed.
Just hope it's region free now

It's highly unlikely that it will be region locked.

9 out of 10 reasons for locking is due to different companies distributing throughout the world, no problem here as it is Disney world wide.
Another reason is if the release date in the country that releases first is vastly different from other core sales zones, again I don't think that applies here either.

Also, I can't think of the last time that Disney released a major Block-Buster that was locked when it didn't match either of the above reasons.
It was a lot more common practice in the early 00's and on DVD but less so on BD.