STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Vader is $499.99 Saber lights up but no mention of chest box or belt lights. And no EX or unhelmeted portait. I'm passing unless they announce chest and belt lights for that price.

Last edited:
Vader is $499.99 Saber lights up but no mention of chest box or belt lights. And no EX or unhelmeted portait. I'm passing unless they announce chest and belt lights for that price.

With no EX there's no hurry on ordering this. That thing must be over 30" tall too, it's towering over the new PF Fett.

With no EX there's no hurry on ordering this. That thing must be over 30" tall too, it's towering over the new PF Fett.

I'm definitely going to hold off for awhile if I decide to get him with there being no EX. I saw that pic with Fett and they look phenomenal together but there is no way we could fit it in a besta with any of their current doors without it looking awful. But if they confirm no chest light at $500 I'm passing regardless. Its probably for the best for me as I just won't be able to fit that huge thing anywhere. He'll definitely be at least 30".

We'll see what happens. We all know I've said I'm not getting certain pieces, etc. There was even a time when I said I was all done with Sideshow before I really started LOL. I'd be really bummed if all the lights that are supposed to be lit up don't, but maybe more pics could change my mind. I'll have plenty of time to think about this one with there being no EX that I'd have to rush to order. And I'm sure he won't be out till at least mid 2016 after SS delays.

Not gonna lie, that pic next to the new Fett makes me want to have both of them...

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Well SS chimed in on SF. As of now only the saber is going to light up but they are "exploring" adding the rest of the lights. Its kind of lame if SS could manage to get them in the version from 10 years ago but not this one. And in Malgus for that matter. But he's supposedly going to be just over 26" tall. So the size probably won't be a deal breaker for me.

Well SS chimed in on SF. As of now only the saber is going to light up but they are "exploring" adding the rest of the lights. Its kind of lame if SS could manage to get them in the version from 10 years ago but not this one. And in Malgus for that matter. But he's supposedly going to be just over 26" tall. So the size probably won't be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, just weird! Ok, maybe lazyness, LOL! Who knows! Eventually, the lights will go out anyway, so not a deal breaker for me, but compare this one to the OG Vader with lightup chest and saber for $350, IIRC, or even Malgus (as you stated) for $375 with full lightup feature, and you can definitely say overpriced. Thankfully, I have a good AD who can probably get this for me for $399-$429, so I'm ok with that. And, IT"S VADER! ;)

$500 seems like a deal after seeing Hot Toys charge $825 for a 22" Hulkbuster!

YEESH!! I imagine there are a ton of parts though.

Reactions: SithLord84
$500 seems like a deal after seeing Hot Toys charge $825 for a 22" Hulkbuster!

I saw that price today and literally LOL'd. Just the other day we were just talking about the Hulk being cheaper than we thought it would be, then HT goes and makes up for it by leaps and bounds from this ridiculous pricing. It scares me that SS clearly realizes that HT is raising the prices on their 1/6 stuff so fast that it won't be long before SS does the same thing with their PFs. Vader is already a sign its happening, but I knew they'd charge a premium just because its Vader.

Yeah, just weird! Ok, maybe lazyness, LOL! Who knows! Eventually, the lights will go out anyway, so not a deal breaker for me, but compare this one to the OG Vader with lightup chest and saber for $350, IIRC, or even Malgus (as you stated) for $375 with full lightup feature, and you can definitely say overpriced. Thankfully, I have a good AD who can probably get this for me for $399-$429, so I'm ok with that. And, IT"S VADER! ;)

YEESH!! I imagine there are a ton of parts though.

I think it was just SS on an exploration mission to see if they could cut corners and see if people wouldn't care and order anyways just because its Vader but there seems to be a lot of backlash over the lights. If I had an AD that could get it for me for that price I probably would care about the lights slightly less, but they are still pretty important even though I know one day they'll die.

I saw that price today and literally LOL'd. Just the other day we were just talking about the Hulk being cheaper than we thought it would be, then HT goes and makes up for it by leaps and bounds from this ridiculous pricing. It scares me that SS clearly realizes that HT is raising the prices on their 1/6 stuff so fast that it won't be long before SS does the same thing with their PFs. Vader is already a sign its happening, but I knew they'd charge a premium just because its Vader.

I think it was just SS on an exploration mission to see if they could cut corners and see if people wouldn't care and order anyways just because its Vader but there seems to be a lot of backlash over the lights. If I had an AD that could get it for me for that price I probably would care about the lights slightly less, but they are still pretty important even though I know one day they'll die.

LOL! Each year they try a little more and more. ;) I'm just hoping for excellent tailoring like with the original.

Reactions: SithLord84
LOL! Each year they try a little more and more. ;) I'm just hoping for excellent tailoring like with the original.

LOL. I just can't believe someone at SS didn't say "Don't you think they'll say something about the lights?"

But anyways, I really love the overall look of the piece from the pics. The pose looks much better than I thought it would, and that pose next to Boba looks so iconic. If I get it thats the angle I'll display it from. If this thing's tailoring turns out the way it looks in those pics it could be the best SW PF ever. (as long as it has lights lmao)

LOL. I just can't believe someone at SS didn't say "Don't you think they'll say something about the lights?"

Just like you think someone would have said "People might get mad if we make the Man of Steel out of PVC" or "Don't you think people will notice if we put the Iron Patriot in a pose where he's firing from his arm gun without including the gun?"

Some of their decisions are just mind blowingly dumb. I mean the Christopher Reeve Superman looked awful from the get go, why was that ever approved? And you are right, they are just going to keep raising prices as long as they can get away with it.

Just like you think someone would have said "People might get mad if we make the Man of Steel out of PVC" or "Don't you think people will notice if we put the Iron Patriot in a pose where he's firing from his arm gun without including the gun?"

Some of their decisions are just mind blowingly dumb. I mean the Christopher Reeve Superman looked awful from the get go, why was that ever approved? And you are right, they are just going to keep raising prices as long as they can get away with it.

Oh man that Reeve PF is such a sad travesty. That would have been one piece I would have been all over but all I could do was laugh at the pose/base/headsculpt when they revealed it. And the MOS PF being made out of PVC was such a low blow from SS. They were like "oh by the way its shipping next month and its made of PVC, why would you guys be mad?" LOL. I once said I wouldn't really care if they made some of their PFs out of PVC if they would cut the prices on them, and the quality wouldn't suffer because of it, but after MOS and Reeve I take that back.

They are pulling some really shady stuff over at SS lately, but its also collector's faults by continuing to buy their substandard stuff, and not throwing sh*tfits when they pull their crap. If I would have ordered MOS that thing would have been going back for sure. There is no way I'd accept them pulling something like that. Thats why I'm only going to order this new Vader if they make it right. I'm not going to settle for "good enough" when they wanna charge $500. Hopefully they take enough heat for it and do what they should.

The MOS PF being PVC blows my mind! I kinda understand why they'd go the plastic route for the OG Boba Fett PF, but for the MOS PF is a head scratcher!

I honestly have no idea what the hell they were thinking with MOS. Its even worse they tried to pull a fast one on everyone at the last second announcing it was PVC after everyone already had it on order for months. I hope everyone who ordered that decided to cancel at least got their NRDs refunded after that crap. I expect to see the MOS PF on sale this Spooktacular for like half off. Maybe even the Reeve PF too.

But anyways Vaders up for order. It has an open ES. I'm not planning to order him anytime soon if at all. He'll probably be available for years.

I honestly have no idea what the hell they were thinking with MOS. Its even worse they tried to pull a fast one on everyone at the last second announcing it was PVC after everyone already had it on order for months. I hope everyone who ordered that decided to cancel at least got their NRDs refunded after that crap. I expect to see the MOS PF on sale this Spooktacular for like half off. Maybe even the Reeve PF too.

But anyways Vaders up for order. It has an open ES. I'm not planning to order him anytime soon if at all. He'll probably be available for years.

Yeah, kinda like the same thing they did with the Mythos Kenobi by not letting collectors know about the missing hilt until it was in hand.

Went ahead and ordered. Getting it for $420 shipped.