Steelbooks with bad backs

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Not talking about old steelbooks that have back pain. No, I'm talking about steelbooks that were half-assed, where the back is really bad or lazy.

These are from my personal collection, please feel free to post your own.

The Dark Knight Rises - boring extension of the front. The colors don't even match up on the ground.
taxo.png

Double Indemnity - Ugh..
j9t9.png

The Hangover Trilogy - I added the sticker from the packaging to the back, otherwise it's nothing but credits
xn83.png

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows p1 (FYE) - the image on the back is almost identical to the front, except replace Voldemort with more trees, or rather don't overlay Voldemort ontop of the trees)
l7i6.png

Indiana Jones - all of these have great artwork, but it's like they weren't thinking when they placed the back art. I would've even preferred if they did the credits on the bottom half like they do sometimes, at least that would make sense why there's that blank area.
QWR6hJ.png

F7jk9m.png

Jq7WAx.png

tx1RAE.png

The Jungle Book - missed opportunity, doesn't fit with the rest of the Disney Collection
hf9n.png

Les Misérables - boring extension of the front.
amyj.png

The Little Mermaid - boring back with nothing going on, doesn't fit with the rest of the Disney Collection
feoz.png

The Lord of the Rings - same problem as Indiana Jones, good artwork, terrible execution. Unlike Indy though, these do have credits on the back, but still way too much blank space.
q3pv.png

998a.png

qw8j.png

Maleficent - just... ugh. Probably the best example of what not to do on a steelbook back. The only thing is has going for it is a gloss finish.
PimM9c.png

Man of Steel - boring extension of the front.
quct.png

Need for Speed (Entertainment Store) - again, just a lazy design
hYwFPh.png

Nosferatu - I can't even
NUlkYp.png

Ted - boring extension of the front
km99.png

Thor (Zavvi) - banner stripe and nothing.
0cl3.png

World War Z (Entertainment Store) - literally the front image reverses and without the title
26ks.png

Not bad artwork, just a minor detail here or there:
Saving Private Ryan
- while not a terrible back, there's a section that repeats itself to the left of the spine (to the left of the tan blob at the top right corner of the back) and stands out as a bad design for me
JbhWAk.png

Tangled (Korea) - The trees and grass etc (border) is the same as the front. Actual artwork is spectacular though.
pk9s.png