Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 1, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

81y-ABVzohL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi tried to take payment for these today. I ended up cancelling and going with hmv cos zavvi have honestly just been shite lately with sending stuff out in a reasonable time.

I went with the steel and honestly I'm still torn. But like 25 for steel and 45 for collectors without steel. Seems a lot. Even though the none steel collectors set I have for your name actually has a gorgeous slip.

Nova Media have a Suzume set on their release slate this year. It's almost certain to be steelbook & slips + lenti, like they did for Your Name and Weathering.
They'll do it true justice. Hopefully pick that up instead.
Are you sure it will be a Steelbook release?

'Your Name' was done by The On / Kimchidvd. 'Weathering with you' was published by R's Company.

Reactions: samdavies
Nova Media have a Suzume set on their release slate this year. It's almost certain to be steelbook & slips + lenti, like they did for Your Name and Weathering.
They'll do it true justice. Hopefully pick that up instead.
I went for the collectors set. Which is weird because I only have the steelbooks of Your Name & Weathering. I was torn, like you, but went the other way. It was the top of the steel put me off, the rest looks lovely from the US vids I've seen.
I'll post some pics when the set. arrives. It was posted yesterday, so hopefully Fri or Sat.

View attachment 575156
Just swapped mine out for the collectors set. Thanks for costing me an extra 20 quid lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
Are you sure it will be a Steelbook release?

'Your Name' was done by The On / Kimchidvd. 'Weathering with you' was published by R's Company.
Shoot, you're absolutely right

I could have sworn it was Nova.

It was Kimchi. 100%
I'll delete my post.

Nova doing a steel is not beyond the realm of possibility though I guess. Popular film and Kimchi have not really done any decent steels in an age.

Screenshot_2024-03-28-08-38-56-187_com.instagram.android~2.jpg

Your sets will match now. That's far more important. :smuggrin:

We might even get a 4k steel at some point. Why this isn't UHD is just cruel.
Well not reall but at least I'll have a full slip for all 3 lol. Honestly I was regretting not getting it anyway. The weathering with you set is only ok though.

Well not reall but at least I'll have a full slip for all 3 lol. Honestly I was regretting not getting it anyway. The weathering with you set is only ok though.
Matching in the sense of all slips. Yep, that's what I meant. Suzume one looks bigger, wider and, well it's a lid box. Be interesting to see what it turns out like.
Kimchi no longer makes steelbooks.
Bummer, what officially? They're done?

Matching in the sense of all slips. Yep, that's what I meant. Suzume one looks bigger, wider and, well it's a lid box. Be interesting to see what it turns out like.

Bummer, what officially? They're done?
There was never an “official” statement about it. The last exclusive Steelbooks was 25 months ago.

Yeah, that'll be an amaray slip, the same as all the other nova releases for Makoto Shinkai have been. Which works okay for me. I'll just pop this steel in there, as I've done for the rest of his films, bar your name and weathering, which both had their own premium steel releases.

Yeah it's a beautiful steel. Would've preferred it not have all the bloody festival credits across the front, and for it to have a 4K disc, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

I haven’t checked out any vids or photos yet. Is it bad?
Compared to the Your Name Collector's Edition, I would say so. Even has its own J card which for a CE, is a bit poor in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I went ahead and purchased the steelbook after seeing your pics lol

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah it's a beautiful steel. Would've preferred it not have all the bloody festival credits across the front, and for it to have a 4K disc, but otherwise I'm happy with it.
Hopefully a premium release will come out some day but I'm weirdly not too fussed with all the writing on the front