Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (2nd Release) [UK]

Dec 10, 2012
London, UK
Release Date: 08 December 2014
Purchase links:
Zavvi £11.99 In Stock (part of 2 for £18 Steelbooks CODE: STEELBOOK18)
Amazon £21.57 In Stock

11046291-1416921911-127530.jpg

11046291-1416921911-127335.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127521.jpg
11046291-1416921911-127564.jpg

Last edited:
The price is outrageous, far more than it's worth.

While I prefer the design over the Play version, and it matches Taken 2 better, it's not worth anything like that kind of money. It doesn't even have the DVD included like the original release (yes, I like a DVD in my steelbooks) and at 3 times the price...

I'll hold out for a serious price drop. At £12 I'll bite, but not a penny more.
You could pick up the DVD for pennies if you really wanted it and just put it inside the steelbook.

Personally I'd rather have a 2nd Blu-ray of special features than a DVD I will never watch.

Reactions: augustus
Yep they really are taking the #$#$!
I won't be ordering unless there is around a 50% price drop. . And if not. . I feel like if I miss it I miss it.. I'll only pay that price for a steelbook if its worth it..and this isn't worth no where near £30 imo ;-)

Pay premium price for a bargain bin release? You're on your own Zavvi. :facepalm:
Normally they drop the price within a day or so of going live, but they haven't done so on this one. Laughable. They wanna charge this then they need to lower the print runs, improve most of the art and start doing full and lenticular slips and join the big boys. Until then this just shows a lack of intelligence on their part and definitely greed.

Since we're talking about Zavvi prices.... so I placed a huge order on Black Friday. Did they changed the postage price lately? Prior to my Order last Friday, I had 8 purchase orders and my postage/delivery fee have always had been is $1.99 regardless how many steelbooks. The one I just placed recently is $20.99 for 9 steelbooks. I sent an inquiry already, and pending for response. Just curious if anyone else had this experience.

Glad to see no one's biting. I might have double dipped. But that price is a laugh for photoshopping in the Parisian background to the existing french steel cover. The answer to your question Zavvi is "NO Zavvi- No, I don't just buy anything."

Since we're talking about Zavvi prices.... so I placed a huge order on Black Friday. Did they changed the postage price lately? Prior to my Order last Friday, I had 8 purchase orders and my postage/delivery fee have always had been is $1.99 regardless how many steelbooks. The one I just placed recently is $20.99 for 9 steelbooks. I sent an inquiry already, and pending for response. Just curious if anyone else had this experience.
Tracked Delivery - Track your order during delivery, orders over 2kg in weight will automatically select tracked delivery. If you have selected multiple items below 2kg and wish to select standard delivery please order separately. - £11.99