Ted (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase: Zavvi (live this Saturday from 6pm)
Release: 22 June, 2015
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm not alone in thinking 'who the hell was hoping there'd be another steelbook release of a film you can get for £6 or whatever already on steelbook'

This is a new extended edition
View attachment 155614

Its also getting a release in Germany

I don't know yet what difference the extended edition has on the previous one yet

Paul, the original steelbook is the extended edition - here's the pic:
81NcoM-QEQL._SL1500_.jpg

There is no reason whatsoever for this to be released again - as said previously, it's still available new and sealed - £12 at amazon uk, less on fleabay!

As also said - what about Terminator 2, or Iron Man 2 - lots of people missed both titles first time round, and many can't stretch to the vastly inflated prices being asked for them.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Ordered. Actually think this is a great looking steelbook. Don't know why people are getting upset that this is a re-release from Zavvi. Zavvi are just the retailer, it's Universal who are re-releasing this.

Reactions: Noodles and wyatt03
Ordered. Actually think this is a great looking steelbook. Don't know why people are getting upset that this is a re-release from Zavvi. Zavvi are just the retailer, it's Universal who are re-releasing this.

Quite simply because Zavvi, above ALL other retailers are ALWAYS far too ready to jump on the bandwagon to release a steelbook - doesn't matter what it is.
It could be a home video of two files crawling up a wall, and they'd be happy to release a steelbook, and probably charge you twenty five quid for it too!

There exists a more than adequate release of Ted still in stock - in fact Amazon actually say they are awaiting new stock to top up those they already have - so clearly there is NO DEMAND for this title to be re-released.

Therefore, Zavvi, as a sensible company would say to Universal, "Sorry, there is clearly no demand for this title to be re-released (quoting what has already been said to them), and we believe we would be unable to sell them at a profit".

Instead the bright young things who 'run' Zavvi say, "Oh fine, we've only released six hundred and ninety two steelbook exclusives so far this year, we can't sell them all profitably to save our lives; so hell, yes, we'll release another one! Oooh yeah, where do we sign? !!!"

'Nuff Said?

I don't know exactly how it works but I doubt retailers deal with studios on a title per title basis. It may be that in order for a retailer to sell a studio's big titles, they also have to be prepared to sell some of their less popular titles.

Nice one buddy! Be sure to share some pics once you receive it. :)

I don't know exactly how it works but I doubt retailers deal with studios on a title per title basis. It may be that in order for a retailer to sell a studio's big titles, they also have to be prepared to sell some of their less popular titles.
That's pretty much how I always imagined it to work too... like they sign some sort of contract that lasts so long or something.

Reactions: spass and snooloui
Quite simply because Zavvi, above ALL other retailers are ALWAYS far too ready to jump on the bandwagon to release a steelbook - doesn't matter what it is.
It could be a home video of two files crawling up a wall, and they'd be happy to release a steelbook, and probably charge you twenty five quid for it too!

There exists a more than adequate release of Ted still in stock - in fact Amazon actually say they are awaiting new stock to top up those they already have - so clearly there is NO DEMAND for this title to be re-released.

Therefore, Zavvi, as a sensible company would say to Universal, "Sorry, there is clearly no demand for this title to be re-released (quoting what has already been said to them), and we believe we would be unable to sell them at a profit".

Instead the bright young things who 'run' Zavvi say, "Oh fine, we've only released six hundred and ninety two steelbook exclusives so far this year, we can't sell them all profitably to save our lives; so hell, yes, we'll release another one! Oooh yeah, where do we sign? !!!"

'Nuff Said?

Couldn't agree more fella. In fact where were you when I needed you in the A.I. thread?! :mad: ;)

Though admittedly my argument was more about the quality of their steelbooks rather than their poor choices of film - but it's still about Zavvi not putting their foot down with the steelbooks they're being offered and allowing the range to be saturated with poor quality releases. Unfortunately people would have you believe that Zavvi have no say whatsoever and that they have to go along with whatever the studios come up with - which is total crap. If Zavvi's steelbook range had any sort of management whatsoever then they would see that there was barely enough demand for one Ted release, let alone TWO!!! There are so many examples of bad choices like this as well as art and finish choices that are equally lazy and/or stupid. They don't seem to have the first idea about the very product they are investing into so heavily...