tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Exclusive to Canada

ORDER

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Amazon.CA usually ship VVS titles with slips? I've had bad luck in getting VVS and Mongrel slips. They seem to be impossible to get lately from the few sources that ship to USA.

Missed this one, but I'd have some interest in picking one up. Unrelated, but did Canada get a slip for Philomena? I thought it was an eOne release, but I've seen no mention of it anywhere.

I bought the US version as I cannot stand the french writing on the cover, being French, the translation are so corny at times it's shameful. On top of what I dislike about Bilingual Release is that the back cover the translation and the specifications everything is written twice, once in english once in french so they are sharing the space so half of the back is English and half is french which makes the writing so so small I can barely ready it. At least with an English only release, the description, the picture, the specs can take the whole back and we can read it. Plus what makes it so funny, often they don't even include the french track, only subtitle but the whole slip cover and artwork is bilingual...waste of space. I just buy from the US so I can have my copies only in english without their laughable translation that even sometimes don't make any sense...I'm even embarrassed at times.

---------- Post added 05-20-2014 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-2014 at 11:59 PM ----------

Plus so many times Amazon.ca will have the picture on their site either only in english showing the slip on cover or a bilingual slip on cover upon release and you get the copy without it. It can be very upsetting...

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

what you see if not often what you get

Reactions: PunkNinja
Missed this one, but I'd have some interest in picking one up. Unrelated, but did Canada get a slip for Philomena? I thought it was an eOne release, but I've seen no mention of it anywhere.

I took a look today and all of the copies of Philomena that I saw were slipless.

Reactions: Jericho
In my years of experience with Amazon.ca and many frustrated moment in the situation you mention, most probably if no slip cover it's because it doesn't come with one. But i've been surprised and sometime received one.

On the Other Hand, if you see a picture with a slip clover, it doesn't mean that you will receive a slip cover(even if new new release), very often they just ship the amaray I think it's called, the plain blue plastic disc holder ?

I complained many many times, and they never did any changes, they said they have no control over it, they put the picture that the distribution company gave them (for example with a slipcover) but if the company ship them something different than the picture it's not their fault. But that I find a ridiculous answer, if they receive a product when shipping they should in their computer(shipping dept) have the picture of the item we ordered the one they are shipping, and if they see any discrepancy we should be informed before they ship us something else(i.e. missing slip cover).

But Amazon.com is much better organized, ever since I switched, this type of issue rarely happens, it's the opposite I find. often it's just an amaray picture but I end up receiving a slip cover with it.

FYI My copy ordered from Amazon.com(the American Version) didn't come with the Slip cover. But I'd rather have just the Amaray in English only than the Canadian bilingual version (if it comes with slip cover : they don't always do depends of the batch)... Would have been nice to get the slip cover but it's Ok for me at least no French on it making everything twice as small.

FYI My copy ordered from Amazon.com(the American Version) didn't come with the Slip cover. But I'd rather have just the Amaray in English only than the Canadian bilingual version (if it comes with slip cover : they don't always do depends of the batch)... Would have been nice to get the slip cover but it's Ok for me at least no French on it making everything twice as small.

The US release did not include a slip, only the CA :(

The US release did not include a slip, only the CA :(

No and I was very surprised because the Canadian one did get the slip cover (but one thing I've learned is that even though we see in store the slip cover it doesn't mean that amazon.ca has the slip cover included even though it might be on the description page of the item)... when I started collecting movies, before steelbooks, I was spending soooo much money at amazon.ca and I've had so many complaining calls that items not as described after so much money I switched to .com and at least .com is consistent/ ...and what is funny even with the duty it ends up cheaper at times...but no matter what amazon.ca is not well organized and if you complain they won't make any changes just give you credits, but I got tired of credits I wanted what I ordered !!! oh I could tell countless bad experiences at amazon.ca it's so bad

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

but LOVED THAT MOVIE and even without the slip I'm happy to have it only in english on the cover. but I'd be surprised that amazopn.ca would ship with the slip on... just talking from 2 years of experience before switching to amazon.com