Digibook The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn Blu-ray Digibook [Italy]

Polak

Premium Supporter
Dec 7, 2010
Chicago/USA
The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (Digibook) [Italy]

71UA0PcRH4L.jpg

tintinp.png

Release: March 20th

Buy here

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find Polak. I hope this really is a digibook. Amazon are certainly calling it one. The only concern I have is that the very small images at the bottom right of the cover, don't look like pages, more like postcards, and Italy had that Taxi Driver "digibook" which was actually a digipack with postcards.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I'm going to take a chance and order one.

Reactions: Polak
Nice find Polak. I hope this really is a digibook. Amazon are certainly calling it one. The only concern I have is that the very small images at the bottom right of the cover, don't look like pages, more like postcards, and Italy had that Taxi Driver "digibook" which was actually a digipack with postcards.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I'm going to take a chance and order one.

I agree and I thought the same thing when I saw the cards. Since Sony is responsible for both (Tintin & Anonymous), who knows.

Let's wait for more info.

I'm going to take a chance and order one. [2]

Just found news about a Spanish digibook version of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. No photos yet, but there is speculation that it may be an exclusive release by a Spanish outlet, eg. Fnac or Amazon.es. Release date is expected to be March 20th. I'll keep a lookout for more news, but if anyone else knows anything.....

This one is getting out in Sweden too, sorry its a dvd digibook -.- i need to slowdown when i find something and see what it is :(

Don't worry about it, I do exactly the same thing myself - get all excited about a new digibook release, even occasionally start a thread about it, only to realise that its "only" DVD format. Still, don't forget we do have the DVD CE/LE section within the Blu-ray Collectors & Limited Editions section here. Useful for people like me who still sometimes adds to their DVD digibook collection.;)

How come no UK/US release for this digibook?

Yes, you're right, and that made me think - I had a quick scan through my digibook collection, and unless I mossed any out, the only actual Sony Pictures digibook I can see is Angels & Demons Spanish version. (I know there are a couple of Columbia Tristar releases).

I'm ready to be shot down in flames, but it seems to me that Sony are avoiding the English speaking market completely when it comes to Digibooks.:(

I received my copy yesterday (No. 713) sad to say that the number is pretty meaningless as it is just a sticker on the outside cellophane that the book is wrapped in. If I remember correctly the Taxi Driver Digipack was the same.

Limited Editions should have the number printed directly on the book IMOA.:(

I received my copy yesterday (No. 713) sad to say that the number is pretty meaningless as it is just a sticker on the outside cellophane that the book is wrapped in. If I remember correctly the Taxi Driver Digipack was the same.

Are they really just on the cellophane, I thought looking at the pics they were directly on to the book? That does seem to be a bit pointless when the shrinkwrap is taken off and goes in the bin!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sorry - I stand corrected! I took a closer look at the sticker and can now see that it is behind the cellophane. I'll get down from my soap box now!:emb:

Reactions: Sigill

While that # is meaningless to you, it's not me ... haha perhaps we do a trade one day since its not a huge want of mine.

713 is the area code from where i grew up and what us folks in H-town represent :D

th_713.jpg

The only thing I dont like with these Italian numbers is that the HUGE sticker is on the front ruining the cover and often not even placed well! My Tintin's sticker is not 100% in line with the book's edges. While my Anonymous' is. It should have been on the back or inside the cover somewhere.