Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
mondogallery_durieux_digital1.jpg

Year: 2014
Released: 02/07/14
Run: 325
Size: 36 X 24

“The bloody beak of the crow is a direct reference to the scene where the neighbour is found in his bedroom by Jessica Tandy with his eyes missing. I originally wanted to place an eyeball in the crow’s beak, but I thought it was a bit too gory for a Hitchcock movie… so I toned it down a notch. I really love the variant on this one,” said Durieux.

Created for the following exhibition:

Mondo Gallery Presents: The Art of Laurent Durieux

Opening Reception: Friday February 7, 2014, 7PM - 10PM

On Display: February 7th - March 1st

Mondo Gallery
4115 Guadalupe St.
Austin TX 78751 Sales History

the-birds2regular.jpg

The Birds Regular Edition by Laurent Durieux
24″ x 36″ Screenprint
Edition of 325

thebirds2variant.jpg

The Birds Variant Edition by Laurent Durieux
24″ x 36″ Screenprint
Edition of 150

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    60.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
The Forbidden Planet looks fantastic. I'm also anticipating his L.A. Confidential. I've been looking for a PB on this too.

Just wanted to double check if anyone is going to this. Some more reveals recently. Still love the Forbidden Planet, but the Back to the Future 2 looks amazing. also there's a variant Birds and a Vertigo that were sneaked recently.

They are all amazing, but the BTTF and Forbidden Planet are incredible.

Will any of these be available through a drop on the Mondo website Today? I'm still learning the ropes with this Mondo stuff.

They are all amazing, but the BTTF and Forbidden Planet are incredible.

Will any of these be available through a drop on the Mondo website Today? I'm still learning the ropes with this Mondo stuff.

Not today. If they don't sell out, then they will be listed on the web. But they sell at the show first.

Reactions: stephen3001
So damn I just saw the preview of Rear Window, The Birds, and Vertigo. Whoever lives in Austin is lucky to go this and not fight the mondo online drop. This show will be fantastic.