The Elephant Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 13th (was September 8th, 2014) (was August 4th, 2014)
Purchase link: The Elephant Man (Sat June 28)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Full gloss, limited to 2000 copies

bxMmf41403879920.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
You all are crazy. This artwork is freakin awesome. The original poster art is a dull charcoal drawing. Very bland. At least this a an actual pic from the movie itself and not some crummy artist rendition like The Deer Hunter. It Definitely looks H-Res. If you are an ACTUAL fan of the movie how can you not like this? Now if they screw it up with a corny quote on the back like " I am not an animal!", I will probably puke.

Maybe by not including artwork that looks like an out-take from Friday 13th Part 2 ... oooh, he's coming to get you ...

I always thought the artwork was a bit tasteless, but the "oooh, he's coming to get you" image was featured on the original UK VHS covers. It's marketed like some sort of horror film and I think that's just crude considering the subject matter of this film is about how people misinterpret others by judging them by their physical appearance.

Reactions: psychoscot
I always thought the artwork was a bit tasteless, but the "oooh, he's coming to get you" image was featured on the original UK VHS covers. It's marketed like some sort of horror film and I think that's just crude considering the subject matter of this film is about how people misinterpret others by judging them by their physical appearance.

Lets not make it out to be an after school special, its still a monster movie in the same sense as Frankenstein. And the monster is front and center. This movie was out long before Jason put the Bag on his head. Who do think they copied when creating that bag mask for Jason?

Lol, after the disaster with Mulholland Dr I can actually say that this is quite good. I expected a lot worse from Studio Canal. Going to order this.

I think its a great film (watched lots growing up) I like the artwork but I'm gonna pass on this one cos it's just too sad a film for me to watch in my old age:(..

This artwork is freakin awesome. The original poster art is a dull charcoal drawing. Very bland. At least this a an actual pic from the movie itself and not some crummy artist rendition like The Deer Hunter. It Definitely looks H-Res. If you are an ACTUAL fan of the movie how can you not like this? Now if they screw it up with a corny quote on the back like " I am not an animal!", I will probably puke.

I agree 100%! Its one of the best designs I've seen. Thanks to digitalbabe for the pic.

re: underlined: :hilarious:

Lets not make it out to be an after school special, its still a monster movie in the same sense as Frankenstein. And the monster is front and center. This movie was out long before Jason put the Bag on his head. Who do think they copied when creating that bag mask for Jason?

Actually the bag on the head thing is a complete coincidence, Friday 13th Part 2 was already in post production when Elephant Man was released.

Steve Miner hates that he couldn't do reshoots after Elephant Man was released as he feels the similarities to Joseph / John Merrick made Jason seem comical rather than scary.

Reactions: hansgruber
Lol, after the disaster with Mulholland Dr I can actually say that this is quite good. I expected a lot worse from Studio Canal. Going to order this.

I agree. I would have preferred that Studio Canal had gone with the iconic artwork of the digibooks which would also have given the releases the look of being an actual series. They are, after all, from their flagship 'Studio Canal Collection'. But after the travesties of "Mulholland Drive" and "The Graduate", I was pleasantly surprised. I will be getting this.

I still have worries as to how the artwork for the remainder of the series is going to turn out, especially "The Third Man" and "The Ladykillers" which are two of my favorite movies but this gives me a little hope.

Actually the bag on the head thing is a complete coincidence, Friday 13th Part 2 was already in post production when Elephant Man was released.

Steve Miner hates that he couldn't do reshoots after Elephant Man was released as he feels the similarities to Joseph / John Merrick made Jason seem comical rather than scary.

Jason's face was also deformed just like the Elephant Man. Steve Miner was always a hack. His Day of the Dead remake speaks for itself.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Jason's deformities were already set up in the first Friday the 13th which was released before the Elephant man.

Again, the bag thing was just one of those coincidences that happens every so often in hollywood like Armageddon and Deep Impact or Volcano and Dante's Peak having similar ideas and releasing within months of each other.

Friday the 13th Part 2 was filmed in summer 1980, Elephant Man was released in October 1980. I still can't see any way to accuse them of ripping off something that wasn't released until after they'd finished filming

Totally agree about Miner being a hack, he stole all the best kills in Friday 2 from A Bay of Blood

Last edited:
Reactions: hansgruber
So whats the deal with zavvi's packing now then? I haven’t bought a steel from them since the V for Vendetta cluster fukk ..are zavvi going back to the white boxes? or are they 100% committed to trashing our steels in the post with those lame card envelopes?

Last edited: