The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's & Deluxe Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: June 19 June 26 July 10 End of July, 2023
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition - Deluxe Edition (Pre-order on November 25, at 00.00 AM UK time)
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £59.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team

Screenshot_20221124_170305_Facebook.jpg8FBC96F3-E4EB-445E-ACFD-E74FA34E164F.jpeg F3E6D1EB-D9BD-4957-BFA0-4EE20B43AD03.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you not seen the previous info posted
THG sold Zavvi in July 2023
THG confirmed the sale of its OnDemand division to NEWCO and Zavvi to its existing leadership team as ZavviGroup Ltd, with financial backing from investment firm Gordon Brothers
Note Gordon Brothers Group is a liquidation and restructuring firm
A restructure of Zavvi was completed in August
Zavvi is now back to been ZavviGroup Ltd (That's Zavvi previous company name before THG purchased Zavvi in 2009)

Zavvi online website will still though will be operated by the inguenty e-commerce platform as will lots of other retailers websites that inguenty look after
This is why the Zavvi website not changed

Info in Zavvi retailer thread

EverythingBlu who done some SteelBooks releases for Zavvi will be back as a independept retailer soon
In August 2023, Zavvi moved away from THG which saw a restructure. This led the EverythingBlu team to return back to being an independent retailer and continuing to produce the highest quality of home entertainment products.
Thank you very much. I did miss all those info!

Reactions: paulboland
What possible ******* reason do you need 5 of these?
I've already talked about it a couple of times in this thread, it's a sort of mini-GB for people on my local forum. No profit for me except saving on shipping cost. I should just refund everyone and scalp them off on Ebay for a cool $1000 or something, but I'm too nice and too lazy. :cautious:

He already said he's a scalper :rofl:

No he's bought for friends or family
But he didn't tell you about the other ten copies he's still waiting on :LOL:
8 more, yes, 9 with an eBay extra copy for someone who was late for a preorder request.

Reactions: Mararagan and Basil
I’m half expecting the Steelbook only version to be cancelled at this point. It’s getting ridiculous. If it turns up but isn’t glossy like the deluxe versions then hoooo boy, that won’t go down well.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I've already talked about it a couple of times in this thread, it's a sort of mini-GB for people on my local forum. No profit for me except saving on shipping cost. I should just refund everyone and scalp them off on Ebay for a cool $1000 or something, but I'm too nice and too lazy. :cautious:

8 more, yes, 9 with an eBay extra copy for someone who was late for a preorder request.

No I think whatever you buy is fair enough just good sport wind the others up

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I made a
I’m half expecting the Steelbook only version to be cancelled at this point. It’s getting ridiculous. If it turns up but isn’t glossy like the deluxe versions then hoooo boy, that won’t go down well.
I made a semi-pointless contact to Zavvi customer service the other day requesting any information on the steelbook only release. As usual the reply came back littered with obsequious platitudes which were of no help whatsoever.

Short story - not received product from EB into warehouse.
But. Isn't that what they said about the Deluxe and Collectors editions? And, weren't those shipped by EB and not Zavvi?

I too, am also starting to have the increasing belief that the Steel only may get the can.

Reactions: mkdfan
I made a

I made a semi-pointless contact to Zavvi customer service the other day requesting any information on the steelbook only release. As usual the reply came back littered with obsequious platitudes which were of no help whatsoever.

But. Isn't that what they said about the Deluxe and Collectors editions? And, weren't those shipped by EB and not Zavvi?

I too, am also starting to have the increasing belief that the Steel only may get the can.
Won't be from EB, from the suplier you mean?
The Deluxe/Collectors were overlooked and packed by EB but coming from the supplier was to Zavvi?
can't believe they drop random email with more stock to buy Leon but still haven't got this.
It will come but dunno what is taking so long.

I made a

SteelBook only edition is from StudioCanal
Zavvi when they get delivery will ship those orders
It's likely StudioCanal waiting on payment is the reason why Zavvi not got that stock delivered to them yet

EverythingBlu looked after putting together the Collector's and Deluxe Editions

Reactions: Lord Vader
SteelBook only edition is from StudioCanal
Zavvi when they get delivery will ship those orders
It's likely StudioCanal waiting on payment is the reason why Zavvi not got that stock delivered to them yet

EverythingBlu looked after putting together the Collector's and Deluxe Editions
Okay. So. Did Studio Canal produce all the Steelbooks then - for all three releases?
Then they provided EB with their 2/3rds to package with the Deluxe & Collectors EDs.
Am I understanding that correctly?

Okay. So. Did Studio Canal produce all the Steelbooks then - for all three releases?
Then they provided EB with their 2/3rds to package with the Deluxe & Collectors EDs.
Rambo First Blood/Fifth Elelement/Leon all are releases from StudioCanal
This is why has StudioCanal logo on the jcard and discs

EverythingBlu done the design on the Collector's and Deluxe Editions in terms of artwork
EB is not a distributor they just package releases together of other label releases and create the limited edtion packaging for those releases

It's StudioCanal who will ship the SteelBook only edition stock to Zavvi whenever that happens

Reactions: TheWildEye
Close enough. ETB designed them, SC will have commissioned the order to Scanavo, who would have in turn shipped them to SC to add discs and jcard. SC will have shipped 2K steels to the ETB team to include in the deluxe and collector's editions, the remaining 1K individual steels are still yet to be shipped to zavvi directly. We're guessing as to why, but it'll most likely be down to zavvi non-payment or possibly discs etc.. at SC's end.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Close enough. ETB designed them, SC will have commissioned the order to Scanavo, who would have in turn shipped them to SC to add discs and jcard. SC will have shipped 2K steels to the ETB team to include in the deluxe and collector's editions, the remaining 1K individual steels are still yet to be shipped to zavvi directly. We're guessing as to why, but it'll most likely be down to zavvi non-payment or possibly discs etc.. at SC's end.
This is now clear. Thanks.

Reactions: samdavies