Slipcover The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (4K + Blu-ray Slipcover) (4Kult) [Italy]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 17, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €19.15
Note: With a numbered card

71OYdXXBPEL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Masta Norris
I just watched this, and it looks and sounds fantastic.

What really surprised me is that this is a cut of the film I've never seen or even heard of before.

It's the extended version, but the extended edition scene where Tuco recruits his friends to help him kill Blondie at the hotel has been removed. I have never liked that scene, so I'm glad it's gone. The rest of the extended scenes aren't really needed but I don't think their addition detracts from the film like that one.

Reactions: Wreck
I just watched this, and it looks and sounds fantastic.

What really surprised me is that this is a cut of the film I've never seen or even heard of before.

It's the extended version, but the extended edition scene where Tuco recruits his friends to help him kill Blondie at the hotel has been removed. I have never liked that scene, so I'm glad it's gone. The rest of the extended scenes aren't really needed but I don't think their addition detracts from the film like that one.
It's the Italian theatrical version

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Versions:
- The original English export versions ran for c.163 mins.
- The Italian theatrical version ran for c.174 mins.
- An early preview version, shown in Italy, included the fabled 'grotto scene'.
- The 1998 MGM DVD Version which was believed to be the original US theatrical version, but in fact used an Italian source and as a result, differs from the true US theatrical version.
- The 2003 restoration (running c.179 mins) rebuilds the film, using the Italian theatrical version as its basis and reinstating the grotto scene deleted after early preview screenings.
This version includes new dubbing by Wallach and Eastwood (and a Lee Van Cleef soundalike) for scenes that were never originally dubbed into English, and a new foley track.

Those who are fans of the film
Best to have the following versions
The Italian theatrical version
The US theatrical version (aka International Theatrical Version)
The 2003 Extended Cut

Kino Lorber 4K/Blu-ray combo 2021 release has the true US theatrical version (aka International Theatrical Version) the previous releases did not

Info on differences

Last edited: