• 516ICs3wqRL.jpg
    516ICs3wqRL.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 596
  • 51xyOdf5wmL._SL500_.jpg
    51xyOdf5wmL._SL500_.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong thread mate, probably wrong forum too :hilarious:

Artwork isn't too bad, not amazing and i'll be happy if it has a glossy finish.

EDIT/ Ouch MATRON !!!

Very funny! :naughty:

Didn't realise how that could be taking the wrong way....:hilarious:

Last edited:
Has an Extended version be confirmed at all or not? I think that'll be my big deciding factor on whether I get this or not.

Has an Extended version be confirmed at all or not? I think that'll be my big deciding factor on whether I get this or not.

An extended edition has been confirmed, but will be released at a later date (probably Q4). It will be 20-25 mins longer than the theatrical cut, confirmed by Peter Jackson. I believe what takes the longest to prepare are the supplementary features and the localisation.

Perhaps also worth noting for people who look forward to sneak peeks: breaking from the tradition of the Lord of the Rings DVDs, there will be no preview of either the extended edition or The Desolation of Smaug with this release.

Reactions: Scary Hair
I love the blu-banner on this even though the artwork is okey-ish, but will wait it out and see if Asia comes up with something special first ;)

good news - it's great to see amazon.co.uk going for the exclusives!!!

That said will wait to see what FS do before deciding what to go for

An extended edition has been confirmed, but will be released at a later date (probably Q4). It will be 20-25 mins longer than the theatrical cut, confirmed by Peter Jackson. I believe what takes the longest to prepare are the supplementary features and the localisation.

Perhaps also worth noting for people who look forward to sneak peeks: breaking from the tradition of the Lord of the Rings DVDs, there will be no preview of either the extended edition or The Desolation of Smaug with this release.
Then I shall wait for the Extended edition. As much as I love steelbooks, I have to say the extended version will no doubt have way more in extras if the old LOTR 4 disc sets are anything to go by.