The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: APRIL 2015
Purchase link: in store only
Price: £17-18 (TBC)
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click (UK instore purchase only)

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow missed this thread before. Luckily when I pre-ordered Nightcrawler I asked them what other steels they have coming out & they told me about this.

I own all 3 LOTR as extended editions, but The Hobbit hasn't justified being extended imo!

I somehow missed this thread before. Luckily when I pre-ordered Nightcrawler I asked them what other steels they have coming out & they told me about this.

I own all 3 LOTR as extended editions, but The Hobbit hasn't justified being extended imo!

Completely agree, although I hear the 3rd Hobbit movie might be the exception to that rule - I haven't actually seen it yet, will be watching it for the first time when I get this steelbook

I have a couple of questions about this release:

1) Is this the only cover art option worldwide (i.e. no one has an exclusive cover that's different to the WWA)?

2) Do we know for sure that there's no 3D plastered over the front?

Rep of Ireland Members and UK Members
Release Date UK is 20/04/2015
Note in Rep of Ireland Stores the Release date most likely will be Friday 17/04/2015

115100.jpg

You can Pre Order on HMV Ireland Website
I have Pre-ordered using HMV Ireland Website
Free Shipping on orders over €25.00

the-hobbit-five-armies-hmv-euros.jpg

HMV Ireland Link
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies 3D Steelbook (3D Blu-ray)

Xtra-Vision Ireland Link

UK HMV/Xtra-Vision

the-hobbit-five-armies-pounds%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
Pre ordered on xtravision, although they states i could sign in using my hmv details i had to set up a new account

I'm hoping that the fact it would take effort to slap on a 3D logo just for this specific release means they probably won't bother...

They did it for the last hobbit film so I wouldn't be surprised if they also put it on this one

They did it for the last hobbit film so I wouldn't be surprised if they also put it on this one

Yea which is why I am waiting for in hand pics before I decide which version to get, I ordered the Mexican version of Desolation of Smaug because it didn't have 3D slapped on it (and it was pretty cheap)

Reactions: Kashby