The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Release Date: April 17th 2015
Price: NT$ 1299
Purchase Link: JSDVD, YesAsia

hobbit-3-tw-jpg.147473

I did not see a separate thread started but thought I would post it here as it is related.
The steelbook for the third movie, "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" is now up for pre-order on jsdvd.com
Mods, please feel free to edit and move this post if there is a thread started for this and I was just unable to find it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Hobbit-3-tw.jpg
    Hobbit-3-tw.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 525
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Thanks for the tag @harry, already preordered it together with Interstellar & Exodus when they all went live last week or so :thumbs:

Waiting for the Trilogy to be listed now :cigar:;)

Reactions: harry
Well it's obvious, the release wherever it maybe, that ends up being glossy, will be the winner hands down.The Bestbuy finish is horrible all the way around.You can't even spin it to make it seem like there's anything positive about it.The search is on, possibly the french could be glossy.Let's hope.

Received this today. Looks like it may be a gloss finish to me (or at least better quality matte than the USA BB version). I took a couple quick pics side by side to try to capture (with and without flash using my cheap camera), but think this one looks much nicer in my opinion in terms of the finish:
full

full

Last edited:
Are you sure its a gloss finish? I would be surprised if it is.

Honestly a little hard to tell without opening, but it seems to be a better finish than the Best Buy version when looking at them side by side. May just be the poor quality on the BB finish making it look better to me though.

Reactions: keyjey
Argh do I go for the UK version or this if this is a better steelbook (note I don't care about the slip)