basker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Film and fantastic acting performance from
Peter Cushing

Artwork looks amazing

Extras look good

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) feature presentation
  • Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • New audio Commentary with Hammer experts Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby
  • Brand new interview with hound mask creator Margaret Robinson
  • Brand new interview with assistant director Hugh Harlow
  • Andre Morell: Best of British – A featurette looking at the late great actor Andre Morell and his work with Hammer
  • The Many Faces of Sherlock Holmes – a 1986 documentary looking at the many incarnations of Conan Doyle’s celebrated character, narrated and presented by Christopher Lee
  • Actor’s Notebook: Christopher Lee – an archive interview in the which the actor recalls his experiences of making The Hound of the Baskervilles
  • The Hounds of the Baskervilles – Excerpts read by Christopher Lee
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Hammer archivist Robert J.E. Simpson, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

100% purchase

Purchase Links
Arrow Films £15.99
Amazon UK £14.00
Zavvi £13.49

New Extras Highlighted in Bold

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) feature presentation
• Original uncompressed Mono 1.0 Audio
Isolated Music and Effects Soundtrack...
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• New audio commentary with Hammer experts Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby
Release the Hound! a brand new documentary looking at the genesis and making of the Hammer classic, featuring interviews with hound mask creator Margaret Robinson, film historian Kim Newman, actor/documentarian and co-creator of BBC’s Sherlock Mark Gatiss, and others
• André Morell: Best of British – a featurette looking at the late great actor André Morell and his work with Hammer
• The Many Faces of Sherlock Holmes – a 1986 documentary looking at the many incarnations of Conan Doyle’s celebrated character, narrated and presented by Christopher Lee
• Actor’s Notebook: Christopher Lee – an archive interview in which the actor looks back on his role as Sir Henry Baskerville
• The Hounds of the Baskervilles excerpts read by Christopher Lee
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Extensive Image Gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by former Hammer archivist Robert J.E. Simpson, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

DETAILS:Region: B
Rating: PG
Cat No: FCD1110
Duration: 87 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Audio: Mono
Colour

Front Artwork
11094987-7914279844044182.jpg

Reverse Artwork
11295643_978178922216102_4374110751197316506_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by this. I remember loving the book, but I'd like to know more about the film before I take the plunge. Can anyone tell me what this film is like (mood, pacing, etc.) ? Any comparisons to be made with other films?

I'm intrigued by this. I remember loving the book, but I'd like to know more about the film before I take the plunge. Can anyone tell me what this film is like (mood, pacing, etc.) ? Any comparisons to be made with other films?
It's one of the best film versions of The Hound of the Baskervilles
It's from Hammer Films
It's a classic

The Best one is of course the one with Basil Rathbone

The extras on this blu-ray look fantastic

Peter Cushing performance is brilliant

Reactions: bojee
It's one of the best film versions of The Hound of the Baskervilles
It's from Hammer Films
It's a classic

The Best one is of course the one with Basil Rathbone

The extras on this blu-ray look fantastic

Peter Cushing performance is brilliant

Thanks for the info Paul. The extras are intriguing, particularly the documentary with Christopher Lee. Looks like I will be picking this one up. I will also be on the lookout for the Basil Rathbone version.

Zavvi
Debit Card has been charged
Should be shipping soon

I'm looking forward to getting this the reviews of the disc so far have given this release the thumbs up