The Hut/Sendit -SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
sendit.png

441.gif

Feel free to discuss anything related to Steelbook service, shipping, returns, etc here.

I tried them for the first time the other day when they had Hanna on sale. I got an email today saying my order was cancelled, so I am not happy with them now. :(

I keep getting e-mails from thehut stating my items have not yet shipped...

Hello,

Thanks for placing your order with us at TheHut.com, order number 2250891#.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Hellboy - Steelbook Edition

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.

Many Thanks,

TheHut.com Team

Anyone else getting these e-mails? I am getting like 2 per day for various steels I have on order from them.

I keep getting e-mails from thehut stating my items have not yet shipped...

Anyone else getting these e-mails? I am getting like 2 per day for various steels I have on order from them.
Could it be that they are automated emails? Perhaps they have a system set up that emails you if your product hasn't shipped a certain amount of days after you've ordered them. Since Hellboy isn't going to be released until November, I suspect you might be getting a few more. Are all your other ones pre-orders as well?

Could it be that they are automated emails? Perhaps they have a system set up that emails you if your product hasn't shipped a certain amount of days after you've ordered them. Since Hellboy isn't going to be released until November, I suspect you might be getting a few more. Are all your other ones pre-orders as well?

They are automated, I know that, I am just wondering why they are telling me they haven't been sent when obviously they are not even close to release date yet.

When I check the order status it says Dispatch Date: Oct. 1st. :wtf:

They are automated, I know that, I am just wondering why they are telling me they haven't been sent when obviously they are not even close to release date yet.

When I check the order status it says Dispatch Date: Oct. 1st. :wtf:

These emails are quite usual with The Hut. It can get quite annoying if you ever pre-order something months in advance. I don't order much from them but wish they could sort it out so it doesn't send them if the item isn't even out yet.

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
Zavvi/TheHut et al seem to have changed from using card envelopes, to using bubblewrap sheets cut to size depending on the order. I haven't had any thing damaged from them in those yet, but it's not a good sign. It's a shame, as they are by far the best price for most if not all of the non-exclusive steelbooks coming out over the next few months.

I bought a collector's edition game from Zavvi about three months back, came in a big bubble mailer. Box was slightly crushed when it got to me. Really is making me nervous to order from them in the future.

I just received my copy of Demons (1&2). It arrived in a thin little envelope. I was pretty worried, but it was in pristine condition. I suspect I got lucky. I've got some more coming from them next month, so I guess we'll see...

I placed an order with the Hut last year for Back to the Future in July. Never received it. They apparently sent it 3 times. Eventually got my money back. When i order from Amazon, i get it, no problem.

I'm having the same trouble as fogglehorn, can anyone help? I'm trying to arrange a return/exchange but I cannot find any way to do it. When I go to my account and find the order, if view and then query then returns and refunds it gives me instructions on 'how do I return an item'.

In order to arrange a return, please contact us and inform our customer service team of your order number...

OK, but HOW???

FYI, looks like TheHut.com has switched to the new Zavvi boxes. Just received Mission Impossible steelbook from them, came in that new little box. Better than the envelope.

Reactions: Travis Bickle
The Hut and Zavvi.es must be the same store with different names, or have i missed something?
I ordered one thing each from these two and today when i got them delivered they are packed exactly the same with some crappy thin cardboard envelope and both was adressed from The Hut.