The Incredibles (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Pixar Collection #10) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Incredibles
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

Note: As of 2:46pm EST on 12/13 we are told the 24.99 GBP price is an error caused by an IT issue that is being worked on at the moment. It has also been relayed that anyone that orders now will receive the 19.99 GBP price.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11058522-1418408088-701822.jpg

11058522-1418408088-701868.jpg11058522-1418408088-701833.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701874.jpg
incredibles_zavvi.jpg 11058522-1418408088-701890.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking just yesterday I bet the price has gone up because they're going to only sell the rest of the stock with an upcoming ZBOX. Guess I was right.
Zavvi get worse and worse with their ridiculous tactics in my opinion.
Its listed in the offer but The Incredibles and The Bugs Life are still Sold Out for now

Reactions: luke98
Its listed in the offer but The Incredibles and The Bugs Life are still Sold Out for now
Yeah, I noticed that - I'm sure both will be back in stock whenever they get round to manually processing the cancellations.

ANIMATION ZBOX
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99!

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox/offer.list?utm_source=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENZ-_steelbook-zbox-offer&affil=thgemail&utm_content=TCMemail

Offer
For a chance to get your hands on one of these ultra limited Zavvi Exclusive steelbooks, Simply buy the Animation ZBOX and get your steelbook for £19.99! Simply add your choice to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.

Paul, for one minute there, I thought you were branching out into comedy - Sadly, it's a factual report!

Somebody at Zavvi has blown them or is tripping big time!

Note
I have just checked
The offer email they have sent to most of us
Its not active yet to apply the discount

I expect though it will be fixed at some stage and also The Incredibles and The Bugs Life will also be available if stock is available

I'm getting deja vu.....

But, in all seriousness, this has become a joke, I get the feeling the 3000 print run is 4000, and this offer is to shift the rest with the shitebox.

I bet this was pre planned ages ago.

Shame on you z*vvi...

Reactions: lgans316
I know it's off topic, but running a business is for me knowing your costs, knowing how many steelbooks are lost due to damages on their way to the customers. Based on that you set a price and the profit of that is all yours. To increase the price of good selling steelbooks just to sell stuff no one really wants as a company is a rip-off.

On topic: I missed out on this steelbook, too. But I'll wait and hope for some spare copies to get available here after release.

Hey if you guys don't like it, don't buy it.

If no one buys it, they will lower the price.

Problem is, people are still buying it! So I guess the demand is there. Zavvi isn't doing anything wrong, they are simply running a business.

Not doing anything wrong, are you serious? Folk are reporting that their copies of Incredibles are being cancelled, along with Avengers. All the while Scurvvi are jacking up the price or trying to use it as sale bait in order to squeeze out their box of shite. If I wanted to pick up turd I'd follow the Jack Russell Terriers in my local park.

I've never had a Zavvi cancellation without a valid reason and I haven't had my INCREDIBLES cancelled, so that information is wrong.

Rubez, what you are describing is a charity. That's how you run a charity, not a business. Zavvi is not a charity.

Rubez, what you are describing is a charity.

Oh I see. Sometimes I jump to conclusions. We were talking about business, so I took it as given that the company takes the profit they want to make into account, too, when setting the price. But I still stand to my opinion. I wouldn't even complain if they increased the price after release to the RRP, but everything above that is too much.

Anyway, thanks for the hint.

How long was this available as part of the ZBox offer?
As far as I know not yet. This and Bug's Life were shown as sold out the whole time. But other steelbooks with the same price increase are available with the Z-Box, so it was an educated guess that this will come back, too.

Reactions: blu78
I've never had a Zavvi cancellation without a valid reason and I haven't had my INCREDIBLES cancelled, so that information is wrong.

Rubez, what you are describing is a charity. That's how you run a charity, not a business. Zavvi is not a charity.
Oh I see. Because it never happened to you, it never happened. Right. There's a word for that, DENIAL.

having seen youtube vids of zbox unboxings, I would never buy one. selling steelbooks at inflated prices with a totally unrelated product shouldn't be allowed in my mind, but obviously this is a perfectly legal way for them to sell rubbish ,otherwise they couldn't get away with it. I collect steelbooks not cardboard boxes of things I personally have no use for. I feel like zavvi are insulting their customers with this blatant con job, they know they are backing collectors into a corner as these are exclusive steelbooks that you would only be able to pick up from third party sellers, at a price over the rrp..I feel this behaviour will lose customers in the long run.
I know we all like steelbooks that come with great extras and goodies but zavvi doesn't realise those goddies and extras have to actually relate to the steelbook itself lol.
I hope that only the people who actually like and want the z box go in for this offer, I personally will never buy a z box attached to steelbook, even If the steelbook was something I really wanted, just on the principle that I will not allow myself to be taken advantage of just because I am a steelbook collector.

Previous update in OP:
Note: As of 2:46pm EST on 12/13 we are told the 24.99 GBP price is an error caused by an IT issue that is being worked on at the moment. It has also been relayed that anyone that orders now will receive the 19.99 GBP price.

I'm now hoping Zavvi update saying:
Note: As of 04/15 we are told the 49.99 GBP price is an error caused by our greedy and manipulative sales and management teams who are desperately trying to shift the Zzzzz-boxes. It has been relayed that since this does not even contain a 3D disc, as The Incredibles was never released in 3D, the original 19.99 GBP price has been reduced to 17.99 GBP for our loyal customers who put up with our constant sh!!!!t and will immediately re-stock canceled orders and mysterious copies that were only included with the Zzzzz-box.

I can dream right?

Zavvi's management...
316ff2a88b773c6ca37537a23e891496.jpg

Previous update in OP:

I'm now hoping Zavvi update saying:
Note: As of 04/15 we are told the 49.99 GBP price is an error caused by our greedy and manipulative sales and management teams who are desperately trying to shift the Zzzzz-boxes. It has been relayed that since this does not even contain a 3D disc, as The Incredibles was never released in 3D, the original 19.99 GBP price has been reduced to 17.99 GBP for our loyal customers who put up with our constant sh!!!!t and will immediately re-stock canceled orders and mysterious copies that were only included with the Zzzzz-box.

I can dream right?

Zavvi's management...
316ff2a88b773c6ca37537a23e891496.jpg
:LOL::rofl::LOL::hilarious: we can all dream, if only,right!

Reactions: harry