VHS/Other The Laserdisc Collection/Discussion Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
300px-LaserDisc.svg.png

Hi All,

If you ever collected these, or still do, feel free to chat here.

Have fun!

DB

Still got my player and still love playing discs. Haven't bought any for a while and have noticed the prices rising again on certain films on eBay.

It was once the pride and joy of my home cinema, and there's still nothing cooler than watching peoples faces as you load one. :cool:

Isn't it great? They look at you like a crazy person but you know their secretly jealous :p

Isn't it great? They look at you like a crazy person but you know their secretly jealous :p

lol, recently a friend was over and she thought they were soundtrack LP's till I opened one and loaded it. Oh she was jealous alright, they might not steal the thunder image wise anymore but they are so much cooler to own than a little box. As much as I adore my steelbooks, some of these large box sets destroy them. :cool:

Awesome collections Ninjas! :thumbs: I used to have a Pioneer Player that my father gave to me many years ago, it stopped working so I got rid of it, to this day I still REGRET selling the Laserdiscs! :angry: :( But I only kept the ones that I only really cared for! :LOL: I added them to my King Kong Collection :thumbs:

:drool: :movie:

DSC00184.jpg

DSC09335.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

:scat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a 'show your age' thread???
blink.gif

If so, consider me an old fart. I have about 200 laserdiscs that I am slowly converting to DVD before my Pioneer DVL-90 gives up the ghost!

Reactions: psychoscot
LOL! I'm only 37, came to laserdiscs about 3 years before they finally died to dvd. I even still bought them after dvd came out as some of the first dvd's were garbage compared to some of the THX lasers. The sound was much better too :D

Amazing art on the Laserdiscs-thanks for posting, everyone! :scat:

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Still got my player and still love playing discs. Haven't bought any for a while and have noticed the prices rising again on certain films on eBay.

It was once the pride and joy of my home cinema, and there's still nothing cooler than watching peoples faces as you load one. :cool:

Nice, pics, Psy-I've been tempted so many times by LD's-have a few friends who still buy and have collections.

Reactions: psychoscot
Amazing art on the Laserdiscs-thanks for posting, everyone! :scat:

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Nice, pics, Psy-I've been tempted so many times by LD's-have a few friends who still buy and have collections.

Thanks Digitalbabe :D They are fun, especially for those just into all the artwork that went into producing them. A lot of the artwork and covers on the ones I have, I have never seen on any dvd/blu-ray box. Some of the artwork would make fantastic steelbooks.

Dave

Just taken a delivery of a few laserdiscs including a late pressing one. Cant wait to spin it and listen to the awesome AC-3 track on it.

Will post pictures.

Reactions: vurt
@vurt @digitalbabe latest additions

Free jack a guilty pleasure growing up.
Fight club amazing artwork and a rare japanese dolby digital ac-3 5.1EX surround.

Great condition and so pleased. Yes the LD blows the dvd and Blu sound away. Awesome bass in the opening credits by the dust brothers

And Indy set with faux leather I've wanted for ages. Awesome.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Very nice, @ricster ! Love the artwork on them, the Indy set looks amazing! Appreciate the pics, always enjoy looking at your collections! :cool:

Started collecting LDs after moving to Japan 8 years back. Lots and lots of Laserdiscs to be found over here. At some great prices too! Collection grew to about 1400. But after gaining a wife and having a kid, plus a few sales, it's slowly been cut back down to about 500.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg