paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 13, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Capelight Shop
Price: £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - €29.95 (Capelight Shop)

15294458-1305130704167068.jpg

20240312_182132.jpg

Last edited:
Live now just got an email from zavvi. Have no idea if this movie any good there's shockingly little info about it. But I'm taking a gamble.
It'e a straight to video release in UK/DE in May, so nobody has seen it yet. €1.2M budget, martial arts crap, staring nobody. 100% not a full price £30 blind buy lol

I feel like anyone saying they're making a film in the style of No Retreat No Surrender hasn't seen that movie since they were a child. It's terrible, and there's barely even any fighting in it.

Reactions: samdavies
I feel like anyone saying they're making a film in the style of No Retreat No Surrender hasn't seen that movie since they were a child. It's terrible, and there's barely even any fighting in it.
Bloodsport and kickboxer aren't much better, but there are at least a lot of decent fight scenes.

Bloodsport and kickboxer aren't much better, but there are at least a lot of decent fight scenes.
See I love Bloodsport and Kickboxer, awol, Undisputed, if this movie has decent fight scenes it could be worth watching. But I'll see how my pre order line up is closer to the date, if I have to drop it I don't think it will cause me to lose sleep lol.

See I love Bloodsport and Kickboxer, awol, Undisputed, if this movie has decent fight scenes it could be worth watching. But I'll see how my pre order line up is closer to the date, if I have to drop it I don't think it will cause me to lose sleep lol.
All of those films are only considered remotely passable by anyone is because of the time in which they were made, and the status of JCVD. If they were made today, with someone like Scott Adkins, they'd all be considered 5/10 (at best) DTV trash.

All of those films are only considered remotely passable by anyone is because of the time in which they were made, and the status of JCVD.

Everything made and released in the 80's and 90's is automatically, by default, better - everybody knows that.

Adam Sandler Shut Up GIF

Reactions: K1SK1S
All of those films are only considered remotely passable by anyone is because of the time in which they were made, and the status of JCVD. If they were made today, with someone like Scott Adkins, they'd all be considered 5/10 (at best) DTV trash.
Dude they could be rated 1 out of 10 for all I care my enjoyment of a movie is not dependent on some one elses rating. And Scott Adkins has made some absolute bangers.

Dude they could be rated 1 out of 10 for all I care my enjoyment of a movie is not dependent on some one elses rating. And Scott Adkins has made some absolute bangers.
I'm not taking about other people's ratings, I'm talking about my own lol 5/10 is barely worth a watch. It's a turn off after 40mins type of film, unless it's got some kind of nostalgic attachment, which is the case for all those 80s flicks you mentioned.

My point was, they're remembered well for that reason. If they were made now, like this film, with no name stars, they would be overlooked and forgotten.

I'm not taking about other people's ratings, I'm talking about my own lol 5/10 is barely worth a watch. It's a turn off after 40mins type of film, unless it's got some kind of nostalgic attachment, which is the case for all those 80s flicks you mentioned.

My point was, they're remembered well for that reason. If they were made now, like this film, with no name stars, they would be overlooked and forgotten.
I mean to me you are someone else's rating lol. I love silly martial arts movies like Kickboxer.

Let @JinxyKatte drop his £30 blind & without judgement. It's great for us all to have someone that will enforce the following nearly unanimous bias confirmation; if you attempt to make a movie in the ilk of Bloodsport or Kickboxer in modern times without JVD, pure 80s vibes or any cheesy nostalgic music... you get complete trash.

Also if somehow this KickSport-Bloodboxer-YouTube-style medley is any good... we all get to find out first through our good (slightly unhinged) Ben Stiller-hating, blind-buying buddy JinxyKatte

Let @JinxyKatte drop his £30 blind & without judgement. It's great for us all to have someone that will enforce the following nearly unanimous bias confirmation; if you attempt to make a movie in the ilk of Bloodsport or Kickboxer in modern times without JVD, pure 80s vibes or any cheesy nostalgic music... you get complete trash.

Also if somehow this KickSport-Bloodboxer-YouTube-style medley is any good... we all get to find out first through our good (slightly unhinged) Ben Stiller-hating, blind-buying buddy JinxyKatte
I was about to ask when I ever said I hate ben stiller then I realised what you meant lol. But there is certainly a place in this world for straight to bluray martial arts movies. Some of Scott Adkins movies have amazing fight scenes and are really entertaining. But in anycase as I said it will depend on how full my pre order plate is when this drops lol.

Reactions: K1SK1S
robert de niro GIF

Haha the moment you chose your username lol I'm glad you got it!
Always a place for DTV my friend... Great thing about movies is there's something for everyone & ultimately, it's all subjective
I was about to ask when I ever said I hate ben stiller then I realised what you meant lol. But there is certainly a place in this world for straight to bluray martial arts movies. Some of Scott Adkins movies have amazing fight scenes and are really entertaining. But in anycase as I said it will depend on how full my pre order plate is when this drops lol.