The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Kinda surprised they’re not selling direct. I know they did for Tenet
I'm not. LOTR is very popular, tenet was not. There were so many spare tenet copies going around, both at GBs and left with hdz. Literally the only reason why it went up direct.

What’s the difference of these new releases to that LotR trilogy release from HDZeta?? :shy:
The initial HDZ release was Silver label (WWA steel) and three slips (one for each film) in an OC box. The new release is Gold Label (WEA Steel) with an OC release for each film (two slips per film in a leather OC box).

The initial HDZ release was Silver label (WWA steel) and three slips (one for each film) in an OC box. The new release is Gold Label (WEA Steel) with an OC release for each film (two slips per film in a leather OC box).

It's not OC it's Hardbox >.<.

It's kinda worse, as there's only photocards in one, and only booklet in the other fullslip, when Silver versions had both in one. And steelbooks are the same, unlike FilmArena's sets, where they use different, if WWA, steels. I plan on switching one of them with those from WWA steelbox. If they didn't in fact run off with the money. :meh:
But... it's supposed to be wrapped in real skin from actual dead animals.

For me it's hardbox since it only contains 2 and not 3 editions.

That’s not really what defines a OC box though. OC was just used for a box that includes all available editions to save people buying them individually with “one click”…. Doesn’t really matter if it saved three clicks or two clicks…

Last edited:
It's kinda worse, as there's only photocards in one, and only booklet in the other fullslip, when Silver versions had both in one. And steelbooks are the same, unlike FilmArena's sets, where they use different, if WWA, steels. I plan on switching one of them with those from WWA steelbox. If they didn't in fact run off with the money. :meh:
But... it's supposed to be wrapped in real skin from actual dead animals.
Silver did have both, but they did also only have to fill one slip with content. There evidently isn't more WB/Tolkien approved content for hdz to fill them with, so it's split between the two.

The booklet it 64 pages btw, which is twice the size of the silver booklet. The cards are also in booklet form as well, rather than loose. Which is the same setup they went with for BvS and ZSJL where usable content was on the light side too.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
That’s not really the what defines a OC box though. OC was just used for a box that includes all available editions to save people buying them individually with “one click”…. Doesn’t really matter if it saved three clicks or two clicks…

It kinda does if there's not much difference in price.

Last edited:
No not at all. Again, originally it was to save you buying them individually. Not sure price has anything to do with what a OC is, well unless you had to pay postage on each individual edition.

I was talking 2 part or 3 part OC. That shouldn't be same price. It should be different price for each one. Despite HDZ 3rd part was usually special pack and nothing special opposing to other retailers.

We just wanted to give you an update on your The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook Collection order.

Due to a manufacturing delay we have experienced a delay in receiving the stock from our supplier and at this time we are unable to advise a date for dispatch of your order .....

However, we can assure you that we are looking into this for you as a priority with our supplier and aim to provide a further update as soon as possible. As soon as we have more information we will be in touch.

We just wanted to give you an update on your The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook Collection order.

Due to a manufacturing delay we have experienced a delay in receiving the stock from our supplier and at this time we are unable to advise a date for dispatch of your order .....

However, we can assure you that we are looking into this for you as a priority with our supplier and aim to provide a further update as soon as possible. As soon as we have more information we will be in touch.
Is this about the Zavvi steelbox?
Who are 'we'?
yes-your-highness.gif

Listing back as a pre order
Zavvi website now has a release date change
January 23 2023

For some reason link goes to Zavvi Italy
Even though link in thread OP is Zavvi UK
This is also happening with other web forums when uising their links

For some reason link goes to Zavvi Italy
Even though link in thread OP is Zavvi UK
This is also happening with other web forums when uising their links

Works now, but I'm sure they meant to say: go buy the Italian edition that's available right now, and for £60 you fools!

DopeyHonestEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif