The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Also why is it 3 discs each? Is it one 4K film spread over 3 discs or spread over 2 discs and 1 bonus or 4K on 1 disc and 2 bonus

Also do we really need anymore Lotr releases With bonus discs. I’m pretty sure anyone who’s a fan of these films already owns them and the special features. Just give me 1 4K disc per film and put that price down.

How many times will someone watch the making of these films and be excited by a 4K upscale making of when the older blu ray discs will be good enough for special features
Theatrical is on one disc. Extended is over 2

Reactions: Flloydo
Also why is it 3 discs each? Is it one 4K film spread over 3 discs or spread over 2 discs and 1 bonus or 4K on 1 disc and 2 bonus

Also do we really need anymore Lotr releases With bonus discs. I’m pretty sure anyone who’s a fan of these films already owns them and the special features. Just give me 1 4K disc per film and put that price down.

How many times will someone watch the making of these films and be excited by a 4K upscale making of when the older blu ray discs will be good enough for special features
Theatrical is on 1 UHD Disc
Extended film Is spread over 2 UHD Disc same as it was with Blu-ray extended editions

I just noticed this too on the UK images. That wouldn't print these on would they? Has there every been a steelbook with a rating logo on the spine?
Warner UK steelbooks use removable BBFC stickers been that way for a few years now
When was the last time you purchased a Warner UK steelbook

Even recent Warner amaray boxsets now use removable stickers on front and spine

I think the last one was Mad Max.

I don't recall ever receiving a steelbook with a sticker on the spine. Or seeing one pictured with one; e.g. the imminent Game of Thrones in similar packaging.
Mad Max Titans of Cult steelbook itself has no age rating logo

Only the slip had the BBFC logo and discs

In past month Warner new box set releases like hmv exclusives for beetlejuice/Goonies/Enter the dragon/Nightmare on elm Street collection the slipbox had removable BBFC stickers on the spine only the jcards was printed

Theatrical is on one disc. Extended is over 2
Theatrical is on 1 UHD Disc
Extended film Is spread over 2 UHD Disc same as it was with Blu-ray extended editions

Ah ok, I didn’t realise this included the theatrical. Thought it was just the extended

They seriously still can't fit the extended edition on one disc?

I know it’s ridiculous..... I don’t care about all the technical jargon, it should be on one disc

Reactions: Punker76
Artwork is gash in my opinion. Think I'll stick with the original movie poster blu ray Steelbooks.

• Haha
Reactions: jasong
I know it’s ridiculous..... I don’t care about all the technical jargon, it should be on one disc

you could just stream it then if you don't care about 'technical jargon'

I don't see how splitting the disks is a bad thing. 4k disks are bigger now for a reason, they need the space

you could just stream it then if you don't care about 'technical jargon'

I don't see how splitting the disks is a bad thing. 4k disks are bigger now for a reason, they need the space

Nah I’d rather own than stream personally. Especially 4K

It’s just annoying. You’d think in this age they could fit it all on one disc without loosing picture quality and audio etc. But we’re already used to changing the discs with the extendeds anyway.... technology will catch up one day lol

Reactions: tommyh84