Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 15, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: Zero Finish - Includes 3 Art Cards

The Mandalorian Season 2.jpg

Last edited:
Can't amazon label these correctly or what? In the title it says 4K plus Blu-Ray, which I doubt, since they're seperate releases in the US. And on the steelbook spine on the photo it only has the blu-ray logo. Really confusing.

Can't amazon label these correctly or what? In the title it says 4K plus Blu-Ray, which I doubt, since they're seperate releases in the US. And on the steelbook spine on the photo it only has the blu-ray logo. Really confusing.
Amazon UK title just has UHD &
It don't say UHD & Blu-ray

Under Format it says Blu-Ray though, on the photo as well, so the UHD is confusing as hell.
Amazon have often done that list 4K UHD releases as Blu-ray even when a release is 4K UHD only

Under Format is has
Product Details
  • Media Format ‏ : ‎ 4K

Screenshot (25).png

Under Format it says Blu-Ray though, on the photo as well, so the UHD is confusing as hell.
It's still a Blu-ray for them, just a '4K' Blu-ray.
Kinda like all discs are DVDs for some people...
Only it's really a Blu-ray subcategory, or an upgraded format, but kinda the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Vega
These are good news for us Brits with less chance of them being received damaged. I'm hesitant to buy any Steelbooks from over seas now. Just had a real bad experience with Amazon Italy.

Reactions: Roofr4sh
These are good news for us Brits with less chance of them being received damaged. I'm hesitant to buy any Steelbooks from over seas now. Just had a real bad experience with Amazon Italy.
Yes its a problem, just received drive from Amazon France, only used the most basic paperthin cardboard envelope, not even the stronger ones.
Tried buying a few items together before but they they are determined to use fast packaging so its just a bigger sized envelope lol, they have suitable boxes but don't wanna waste time with tape obviously.

Reactions: Jhadur
Yes its a problem, just received drive from Amazon France, only used the most basic paperthin cardboard envelope, not even the stronger ones.
Tried buying a few items together before but they they are determined to use fast packaging so its just a bigger sized envelope lol, they have suitable boxes but don't wanna waste time with tape obviously.
You're lucky to get a cardboard envelope, my last steelbook delivery from Amazon UK came in a paper bag. (no I'm not joking) :ohno:

Received mine just now from HMV. Same finish as the first season but looks excellent in hand. Glorious Artwork!
No idea how you get your HMV pre orders on a Saturday. They specifically send them out to arrive on release days unless they are late. Does my head in

No idea how you get your HMV pre orders on a Saturday. They specifically send them out to arrive on release days unless they are late. Does my head in
It's 50/50 on most of my HMV orders in all honesty. Some arrive next day others on Monday. Guess it's just down to Royal Mail at the end of the day

Reactions: Flloydo
It's 50/50 on most of my HMV orders in all honesty. Some arrive next day others on Monday. Guess it's just down to Royal Mail at the end of the day
Never happens for me. I’ve pretty much switched over to HMV from Zavvi for about 6/7 months now (just use Zavvi on the odd exclusive or price drop etc) and if I order a normal instock item from HMV it arrives rapidly and pretty much a day or 2 after ordering. But majority of my pre orders are dispatched on a Friday specifically for delivery on Monday release dates. And vinyl too, my vinyl pre orders always arrive for Friday release dates.

I did love that most my Zavvi pre orders would arrive on a Friday or Saturday. No biggie, just something I’ve noticed between them

Reactions: Lord Vader