The Meaning of 'X'

What do you think the 'X' represents?

• Total voters
Ok I was told it was originally "&" and then they fired back how about "X". So I guess the X could be seen as & :thumbs: But of course this community made up so many terms in our Community that retailers have taken notice too so perhaps it also means "BY" :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531 and nexor
Ok I was told it was originally "&" and then they fired back how about "X". So I guess the X could be seen as & :thumbs: But of course this community made up so many terms in our Community that retailers have taken notice too so perhaps it also means "BY" :p
LOL.. Maybe it is an unknown variable then -- just insert what sounds best. In my head I was saying Mondo Plus SteelBook? Mondo Times SteelBook?

Mondo Times SteelBook?

Mondo x Steelbook = awesomeness! :)

About that "Steelbook", I'm sure Mondo is happy to get in the steelbook business (and so am I!) but having it displayed like that on the spine is quite awful, so hopefully they'll erase that by December 2.

In Japanese anime and pop culture, "X" generally means a collaboration, cross-over or conjoining of two factions, ideas, or characters.

More specifically, in some anime and manga titles it is referred to as a "cross", E.G., "Hayate X Blade" as "hunter cross blade".

It can also mean "and", such as in a pairing of two characters. E.G., the anime "Romeo X Juliet".

It could mean nothing, as in the wildly successful "Hunter X Hunter" manga that is simply pronounced as "hunter hunter". Although, some believe it means "versus" in this case.

Still, it could simply be a way to drum up discussion. For example, in the manga "High School DxD", "DxD" is pronounced "Di Di". Initially, it was believed "DxD" stood for "Dragon of Dragon" (ドラゴン・オブ・ドラゴン, Doragon obu Doragon). Later on it was revealed that "DxD" refers to an organization that was comprised of two factions. While others simply refuse to believe any of that and insist it stands for "DD", as in double-D bra size, referring to the copious amount of fanservice in the series.

Either way, I like the sound of "Mondo X SteelBook".

I read it as Mondo Steelbook and never mentioned the X in any way or form. But similar to @Last Lizard, I have always thought it meant cross, similar to many crossover Japanese media.

There's only one meaning of X

2074-project%20x%20revenge.jpg

(straight edge)