USA/Canada 21.4% of the Box Office
International 78.6% of the Box Office

Be interesting to see what the Worldwide Box Office will be after 3 months

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
It's not a remake of the 1999 film and it's not a sequel of the 1999 film
The Mummy 2017
It's a modern day reboot of the Original Universal Monster Mummy Film from 1932

Universal are doing a modern day reboot of the original Universal monster horror series of films from the 20s'30s'40's,50's
It's called Dark Universe

The Mummy 2017 been the first one of the reboot series of films from Dark Universe

The Mummy
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Invisible Man
The Wolf Man
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Phantom of the Opera
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

Also a possible reboot of Van Helsing

The Films are part of the Dark Universe
The next film from Dark Universe series of films is
Bride of Frankenstein in 2019
Interesting project, any idea who is playing Dracula? Knowing this has nothing to do with the 1999 film has suddenly increased my interest....

There is a homage to the 1999 Mummy film trilogy in the Mummy 2017 film but that's as close as you get as to a connection to the 1999 film
The homage is they used a prop from the 1999 film The Book of Amun Ra and I think 2 other prop items from the trilogy

Last edited:
Worldwide Box Office since June 9th , 2017 is $301.2 million

It's a flop in USA/Canada $64,413,670

International box office is most of the box office takings so far $236,830,459

USA/Canada 21.4% of the Box Office
International 78.6% of the Box Office

Be interesting to see what the Worldwide Box Office will be after 3 months

I think this one will fare best in Asia with Tom Cruise at the helm.

The other movies have stars that are less internationally known, but maybe they will throw in Donnie Yen or Fan Bingbing again to bring in the Asian crowd.

Artwork updated and as expected it's terrible and matches other countries

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Artwork updated and as expected it's terrible and matches other countries

View attachment 332784

View attachment 332785
:OMG::OMG: That's absolutely amaze-balls!!!!! :drool: I love it!!!!!!!! :woot::woot: Couldn't have asked for better. Definitely, 100% keeping my order :cigar: Hope it's full streaky matte and flat as a pancake :smuggrin: Hope they're not just teasing us with that blank spine too :cautious: HAS-TO-HAVE NO SPINE TITLE PLEEEEEEASE!!!! :angel::hungry::hungry::kiss:
:meh::rolleyes:
tenor.gif

:p

:OMG::OMG: That's absolutely amaze-balls!!!!! :drool: I love it!!!!!!!! :woot::woot: Couldn't have asked for better. Definitely, 100% keeping my order :cigar: Hope it's full streaky matte and flat as a pancake :smuggrin: Hope they're not just teasing us with that blank spine too :cautious: HAS-TO-HAVE NO SPINE TITLE PLEEEEEEASE!!!! :angel::hungry::hungry::kiss:
:meh::rolleyes:
tenor.gif

:p

:LOL:

Sods law this will have a epic finish but crap art and no title anywhere

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Cancelled....of wait I saw this at the cinema and because of how amazing it was I never ordered it :yawn:

Total garbage that gets the Steelbook it deserves!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Gonna watch it this weekend. Don´t have high expectations though. I don´t have a problem with that art although it would be much better without Tom. Spine is bad. Over.

I will be keeping my order even though I would have preferred it was not this artwork and no title on the spine

I will most likely get either the 2D or 3D Slipcover release as well as they look like they might be nice slipcovers especially if embossed

91g6nVKchvL._SL1500_.jpg 91RotiI0LbL._SL1500_.jpg

Sorry, but got to say that that mouth on the cover - and face too - reminds me more than a little of that classic "Mouth of Truth" scene in ROMAN HOLIDAY with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck:-

Anyone not liking this International steelbook has a choice, I believe, with France having a different design listed as a Fnac exclusive . . . but then again there's that title to contend with . . .
Different visual TBC.

Last edited: