The Official "Netflix Canada" Service and News Discussion

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Feel free to post about your experience, questions, news, etc about the service in this area. Thanks to member Glen Bob for starting this thread, now merged into this thread in the new Digital Streaming area.

...HAS ARRIVED!!!

Git er done my fellow Canadians and I have a question for the American Netflix subscribers. There appears to be a pretty limited number of titles for watching right now and I was just wondering if this is because of the "1 month free" subscription that I signed up for or is this how Netflix started across the border as well. Just curious. Any way you slice it, I be watchin some horror this week while my bride is away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Netflix Canada To Be Saved from Metered Bandwidth by Government Official?

"Hollywood Reporter reports that a senior government official is reviewing the CRTC decision that forces smaller ISPs to offer the same limited plans at the bigger ISPs:

Netflix has an unlikely friend in Ottawa as local cable and phone giants look to thwart the U.S. subscription streaming giant by imposing web usage caps.

Federal industry minister Tony Clement is to review a CRTC decision to force smaller Internet service providers (ISPs) to introduce the same usage-based billing as larger players Rogers Communications, BCE Inc. and Shaw Communications.

“As Canada’s industry minister, it is my job to encourage an innovative and competitive marketplace and to ensure that Canadian consumers have real choices in the services they purchase,” Clement said in a statement.

If you're a Canadian Netflix subscriber, what do you think of the caps?"