The Prestige (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #49) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: WEA SteelBook. Limited to 1500 copies.

52487008562_84f7cf290c_k.jpg52487973705_041a402399_k.jpg52487505376_9eb966d4a0_k.jpg52487973745_5687953934_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the question still isn't answered.

@GroundDigger no nothing has been announced other than blufans and manta working on it. Only blufans have shown the steel art/ concept

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'm surprised they can have a WEA run with only 1500 copies.
True, I once was told minimum was 2K.
I’m sure the rules have changed over time. I think it’s weird that they cap quantities. They probably realised they were missing on more work and changed their T&Cs

Always found it stupid tbh. I get that a certain amount has to be made. A minimum amount so that they are in profit but all the 2k,4k etc rules are weird

Yeah, it was 3000 last I heard, and most adhered to that limit, actually even more than 4500 lately, releases like MantaLab's Dune and Weet's Ant-Man and the Wasp.
I think you can order less, but will pay like for 3k, so really stupid to do that, when your releases sell out anyway. I think I only noticed 1 such release, that was exclusive and had less than 3000 copies.
OAB, EverythingBlu, FilmArena, and others with WWA steels with less copies just buy a part of existing print, share it with someone.

I know you've been asking for a premium of this movie for the longest time. Your wish finally came true. I hope you enjoy it when you eventually get a copy.
Oh yes, you remember well :) Finally its happening. And now there will be two premiums LOL Better start saving :)

Reactions: MM3
Is it safe to assume Blufans will cheapen out, and offer in one slip cards only, and in another booklet only?
With that, and about $30 difference with MantaLab, might just make the choice easier.

Is it safe to assume Blufans will cheapen out, and offer in one slip cards only, and in another booklet only?
With that, and about $30 difference with MantaLab, might just make the choice easier.
Manta & blufans literally cost the same (And so do Weet) when you factor in manta (and weet) shipping. Infact some blufans have been around $5 cheaper In some instances (singles and one clicks)

Singles are around $75 for both

Reactions: Felix_ro
Manta & blufans literally cost the same (And so do Weet) when you factor in manta (and weet) shipping. Infact some blufans have been around $5 cheaper In some instances (singles and one clicks)

Singles are around $75 for both
Oh, maybe I'm wrong, going by OAB releases, which were the latest prices I was judging by. They're more expensive shipped, at about $110, while MantaLab is $61, plus about $20 shipping - to clarify where I got that 30 bucks difference.

Oh, maybe I'm wrong, going by OAB releases, which were the latest prices I was judging by. They're more expensive shipped, at about $110, while MantaLab is $61, plus about $20 shipping - to clarify where I got that 30 bucks difference.

Oh yeah OAB have increased because of the extra stuff you get. Bigger editions now

Wasn’t thinking of OAB. However that’s WWA. Their actual exclusives are in line with mantas price. Obviously this all depends on where you get them too. A few dollar difference here and there

Oh yeah OAB have increased because of the extra stuff you get. Bigger editions now
That's why I was asking, looking back at Wonder Woman, where it looked like cards and booklet were still separate additions to different fullslips.
If they don't 'beef up' suddenly here too. Then I'd pay extra for their release, as I do prefer this steelbook to Manta's.
With GB there in 3 hours, either have to risk buying direct, or count on Blufans to deliver at least a nice slipcase.

Gatsby will have 1.500 steels, too. I think if they combine production, lower quantitaties for each title are possible as long as the overall MOQ is met. If I'm not mistaken @Wreck has shared this info some time ago.
I agree there has always been a minimum for WEA steelbooks which I thought was 2K and most of the time every premium company ordered more than 2K.
‘Because both Spider-Man FFH and this are 1,500 copies. I find that very interesting. Maybe one of the genius mods has a theory @paulboland or @Wreck ?