The Revenant - In theaters January 8, 2016

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Revenant (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Alejandro González Iñárritu[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Leonardo DiCaprio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Will Poulter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emmanuel Bilodeau[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Anderson[/ACTOR]

Plot: Centers on the 1820s story of a frontiersman, Hugh Glass, who set out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my most anticipated movies of the year and for the most part, it did not disappoint. From a visual standpoint, this is absolutely everything you could hope for. It's a visual masterpiece that feels so real and epic. Brutal violence with a great performance from DiCarprio. The bear scene is incredible and it makes you wonder how they pulled it off.

DiCaprio was great as expected, but while I love DiCaprio as an actor, I felt his performance was partly only great because of the character of Hugh Glass. If you were to replace Leo with another A list actor as Hugh Glass, it would have a comparable end result. In terms of acting, I think his Wolf of Wall Street or Aviator performance is still better. Either way, Leo is definitely going to be nominated for an Oscar and I would love for him to win (although I thought Fassbender in Steve Jobs was superior). Tom Hardy was just as good if not better than DiCaprio as Fitzgerald and Domhnall Gleeson proved yet again why he's such a versatile actor.

My issue with the movie is that it's too simple. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, I believe they could have pushed this movie further given the established story and characters they have. Hugh Glass isn't very complicated or layered and I felt Hardy and Gleeson were given more depth. Also, looking at the Hugh Glass wiki, there seems to be alot of liberties taken to make the story more accessible. While I understand why they did it, I think sticking closer to the source material would have created a more complex character. Again, you'll be better off going into this movie with expectations of a survival story than a deep character study.

Still this is an amazing movie that should be seen in theaters as it is epic and visually amazing. One of my favorites of the year but not without some flaws. From an entertainment standpoint, I thought this was better than Spotlight and Carol. Highly recommended.

I also just loved that movie, definitely one of the most intense films I've ever seen in my life. Leo is great and even if people say, he's not as good as in other films like The Wolf of Wall Street, I think this is just because of the character. Well, he deserves an oscar, everybody knows that - no matter "how" good his performance in The Revenant actually is. But I thought he is absolutely amazing, didn't like Hardy too much, but I guess that's part of his role. So, good job once again, Hardy! ;)

And one is for sure: After Birdman Inarritu is once again going for the oscar for best cinematography. The Revenant is visually one of the most spectacular movies I've ever seen.

Reactions: kaw and harry
Best Picture, Actor, and Director! :woot: Congrats! And I'm glad I finally got to see this last night! :drool:
I absolutely love this amazing film! :notworthy:

Best Picture.jpg Best Actor.jpg Best Director.jpg

Now I hope and pray that Leo finally wins his 1st Oscar! :thumbs:
oscars.gif

Very difficult for me to articulate just how excited I am for tomorrow mornings viewing. I have been following the developments of this movie since it was rumoured back in early 2014, and now it's finally here.

For those that have seen it, what was the OST like?

Thanks

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007