Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: November 6, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €14.99

sow1.jpg
sow2.jpgsow3.jpgsow4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So did the English Patient, Out of Africa, and Driving Miss Daisy.
if you look at all of those movies, they all have one thing in common. None of those are Sci-Fi movies. That's what makes the shape of water even more special. It defied the odds and the norm. It's a sci-fi movie that actually overcame the odds and won the best picture. It's a rarity in that regards.
Like I said earlier, the Oscars has more validity than any individual in this forum and that's why I mentioned the Oscars.

if you look at all of those movies, they all have one thing in common. None of those are Sci-Fi movies. That's what makes the shape of water even more special. It defied the odds and the norm. It's a sci-fi movie that actually overcame the odds and won the best picture. It's a rarity in that regards.
Like I said earlier, the Oscars has more validity than any individual in this forum and that's why I mentioned the Oscars.
Why? Is it More valid than the Palme D'or, the Golden Lion, or an Independent Spirit award?
I could care less what the acedemy deems "valid". It's merely a dog and pony show.
It stopped being about awarding excellence in film craft decades ago.

Why? Is it More valid than the Palme D'or, the Golden Lion, or an Independent Spirit award?
I could care less what the acedemy deems "valid". It's merely a dog and pony show.
It stopped being about awarding excellence in film craft decades ago.
I was asked whether or not I like the movie. And instead of giving my own selfish opinion, I use a governing body to let the member know if the movie was it any good or not. Like I said earlier, the Oscar's is more credible than anybody in this forum. End of point.

I was asked whether or not I like the movie. And instead of giving my own selfish opinion, I use a governing body to let the member know if the movie was it any good or not. Like I said earlier, the Oscar's is more credible than anybody in this forum. End of point.
Do you trust your friend's opinions or a "governing body"'s opinions?
Your opinion would only be "selfish" if you had had a vested interest in giving it.
If someone asks my opinion, I will tell them rather than say "I defer to the academy".
Btw- I have friends who are members of the academy - and guess what? They just like you and me. They have no more credibly other than a vote in the academy by meeting the criteria to have said vote.
Everything opinion is a subjective opinion. Even for members of the Academy.

Do you trust your friend's opinions or a "governing body"'s opinions?
Your opinion would only be "selfish" if you had had a vested interest in giving it.
If someone asks my opinion, I will tell them rather than say "I defer to the academy".
Btw- I have friends who are members of the academy - and guess what? They just like you and me. They have no more credibly other than a vote in the academy by meeting the criteria to have said vote.

Specially members of the academy. I mean academy, not Academy ...

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
So, if you don't like a movie, but this movie won an oscar, then what do you do? Do you whip yourself because "it's impossible that I don't like an oscar winning movie"?
You have a very low opinion of yourself.....

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
So, if you don't like a movie, but this movie won an oscar, then what do you do? Do you whip yourself because "it's impossible that I don't like an oscar winning movie"?
You have a very low opinion of yourself.....
I just love how people try to judge ones character who they know nothing about. So many here cant mind their own business. They have nothing better to do but comment on something that wasn't meant for them.I just feel sorry. Especially the ones that show no credibility whatsoever. Mind your own business because you have no clue whatsoever.