Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 14, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $32.99

Shawshank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite having both previous SteelBooks, and I don't really consider this as an masterpiece (although I do like the movie), I am somehow „drawn” to this one too, maybe because is a 4K UHD and SteelBook?!?
Has anyone other information that there would be another SteelBook with 4K UHD disk for this movie soon?
In any way, if there would be a GB made by our really good friend @apsmith21, please tag me for it, I might give up and get this one too. :rofl:

Despite having both previous SteelBooks, and I don't really consider this as an masterpiece (although I do like the movie), I am somehow „drawn” to this one too, maybe because is a 4K UHD and SteelBook?!?
Has anyone other information that there would be another SteelBook with 4K UHD disk for this movie soon?
In any way, if there would be a GB made by our really good friend @apsmith21, please tag me for it, I might give up and get this one too. :rofl:
The same steelbook has a UK release
Zavvi Exclusive

Also is been released in France/Italy/Germany

US might have different finish to Europe but that won't be known until they released and compared

The same steelbook has a UK release
Zavvi Exclusive

Also is been released in France/Italy/Germany

US might have different finish to Europe but that won't be known until they released and compared
Thanks Paul, but I think most likely, Europe will have the lesser finish on the SteelBook (matte, or "no finish"), and a digital code minus.
Yet, indeed, the alternative is very tempting, thanks for putting all together here! :thanks:

Same as UK then. i Think it’s ok. Not good enough for such a great movie. My biggest problem with the art is that it looks like a world war 2 prisoner of war camp; too basic. They should have had the actual prison as a backdrop. Only a few quid more than amaray at the moment. Good quality finish but no gloss. Although the amaray art would have been better on the steelbook. This matches the special blu ray edition that came out recently if I remember correctly.