The Shining (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #24) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1499 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Notes: Full Slip XL, limited to 501 copies

92575047_2601287603441104_6323314117486575616_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed out on this, however, FAC have produced another 150 unnumbered that may go to the select few tomorrow...

1) Unnumbered editions will be primarily offered to customers on waiting lists.
2) Unnumbered editions will also be offered to other customers who have shown interest in the editions.
3) The remaining copies may be offered to all customers.

Please note that these unnumbered batches were created exceptionally due to great interest and may not be repeated for other projects in the future.

Our robots will start placing automated orders from July 2, 2020.

Good luck!

Missed out on this, however, FAC have produced another 150 unnumbered that may go to the select few tomorrow...

1) Unnumbered editions will be primarily offered to customers on waiting lists.
2) Unnumbered editions will also be offered to other customers who have shown interest in the editions.
3) The remaining copies may be offered to all customers.

Please note that these unnumbered batches were created exceptionally due to great interest and may not be repeated for other projects in the future.

Our robots will start placing automated orders from July 2, 2020.

Good luck!

Received the email so hopefully will be offered a copy. At only 150 extra these are bound to be snapped up extremely quickly.

Hey guys

As already stated there will be some UNnumbered editions of the latest Black Barons releases (22-25). They are basically the same as the numbered editions, with only two changes: numbering card and hologram slightly updated (removal of the numbering).

There wont be a GB for these, but Karel should be able to get few copies. But again the time is limited so we only have today to do this. Prices are the same as for the numbered editions.

To get a copy please contact me and Karel (carllenc) directly via PM, after confirmation that your copy can be reserved we will invoice you right away so please be ready to pay the invoice asap.

Thank you all

Hey guys

As already stated there will be some UNnumbered editions of the latest Black Barons releases (22-25). They are basically the same as the numbered editions, with only two changes: numbering card and hologram slightly updated (removal of the numbering).

There wont be a GB for these, but Karel should be able to get few copies. But again the time is limited so we only have today to do this. Prices are the same as for the numbered editions.

To get a copy please contact me and Karel (carllenc) directly via PM, after confirmation that your copy can be reserved we will invoice you right away so please be ready to pay the invoice asap.

Thank you all
PM SENT

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Oh man I’d actually be very interested in this. I don’t own a BB yet but I absolutely love that slip and don’t mind the steel.
How much do these work out to the U.K.?

This is a shocking practice. I know this is BB doing it, and I also know that FA themselves have done unnumbered editions in the past, FF7, The Martian and Everest come to mind, maybe others too, all before my time. They were all different slips, completely different slips, not just a question of losing a card and a sticker.

Very displeased with this approach. I thought Nova JW, JW2 and JW3 was bad enough 8 months after the fact. BB doing it what, within 1 month? of people having these in hand is just plain ridiculous.

I want to see them do well, but this is not the way, it's not even in the same direction as the right way. This is business suicide.

It is frustrating to those who think they have something limited but oh well. It’s not like these are cheaper than the previous ones. If anything you get ripped off slightly In the sense that the new batch are unnumbered and the same price.

look at zavvi/ WB (and other re releases). It’s not business suicide for them. The dark knights re releases have all sold out pretty much Instantly. the prestige most likely will too and interstellar (prestige might take a bit longer even though it’s one his best)

same with mondo vinyl, you get re releases all the time (Sometimes with a different colour vinyl and sometimes the same coloured vinyl). and also sometimes prints with them too (as well as other companies like grey matter art etc). An extra limited batch because of popularity

people and the businesses will live

Last edited:
It is frustrating to those who think they have something limited but oh well. It’s not like these are cheaper than the previous ones. If anything you get ripped of slightly on the new batch as they are unnumbered and the same price.

look at zavvi/ WB (and other re releases). It’s not business suicide for them. The dark knights re releases have all sold out pretty much Instantly. the prestige most likely will too and interstellar (prestige might take a bit longer even though it’s one his best)

same with mondo vinyl, you get re releases all the time (Sometimes with a different colour vinyl and sometimes the same coloured vinyl). and also sometimes prints with them too (as well as other companies like grey matter art etc). An extra limited batch because of popularity

people and the businesses will live

But the UK steelbook is selling for stupid money on ebay more than this lovely box set, So I am very happy to nab one at this price.

Reactions: Flloydo
But the UK steelbook is selling for stupid money on ebay more than this lovely box set, So I am very happy to nab one at this price.

I didn’t mean to attack this price or edition. I think you misunderstood. I was just pointing out from DMD4k comment that it’s career suicide that’s it not because you still pay the same price but the newer print run is unnumbered so really it shouldn’t annoy anyone. Technically it should be a tad less but it’s not. You still pay the same price as the previous release so the previous buyers don’t feel they have lost out cost wise. If you get what I mean

Edit: ahh it’s because of my ripped off comment. Maybe the wrong word to use. I just meant you still pay the same for less (numbered)

Reactions: asseanontv
It is frustrating to those who think they have something limited but oh well. It’s not like these are cheaper than the previous ones.
P.S. I did not buy BB24... and I sure as hell not buying the unnumbered one either. It is not the right thing to do for those that did put money into it.
I am completely against this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Flloydo
@DMD4k So if I wanted Exorcist I should turn to scalper ? Is that right way to go ?

Yes, I bought that one, and yes, I'm sure you guys are not gonna play with me any more.

This is business and collecting, and this move ain't nothing new under the sun.

....wanna cig @Flloydo ?

Reactions: wojo134
@DMD4k So if I wanted Exorcist I should turn to scalper ? Is that right way to go ?

Yes, I bought that one, and yes, I'm sure you guys are not gonna play with me any more.

This is business and collecting, and this move ain't nothing new under the sun.

....wanna cig @Flloydo ?
no, from your point of view it only makes sense to now buy the unnumbered edition... but from FACs point of view first selling an item advertised as ultralimited and then releasing the exact same item within a few weeks/months is quite shady imo.... much of those editions appeal is the limitation, maybe not for you, but for many others.. and especially those that *did* turn to scalpers will be pissed and rightfully so

Don’t forget that lots of people paid around $200 for those on ebay...
This move is questionable, but it’s also only 150, not a big deal IMHO.

Reactions: hatredhorror