49.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 10884062-1386943500-615631.jpg
    10884062-1386943500-615631.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg
    10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the movie (yes ... I had never seen). And man ... I NEED IT ! NOW. Should have made ​​a blind purchase.

It's the greatest movie ever made, PERIOD! I didn't really like this steelbook though. I just didn't like the overall design :(

Something far less obvious and understated would have been preferred. Check out the TWBB poster by Aaron Horkey.

Last edited:
Well of course it's always a very subjective discussion, but for me personally, nothing has come close to it or will ever come close to it.

Don't get me wrong it's a really good film and Daniel Day Lewis was amazing but I wouldn't say it's the best ever film but that's your opinion.

Reactions: meth head
Exactly, it's all subjective.

Just out of curiosity, what film do you believe is stylistically & metaphorically more superior than this film? I don't believe there is a greater acting performance than the one DDL gave here as well. Not discounting the supporting role of Paul Dano also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narg
Exactly, it's all subjective.

Just out of curiosity, what film do you believe is stylistically & metaphorically more superior than this film? I don't believe there is a greater acting performance than the one DDL gave here as well. Not discounting the supporting role of Paul Dann also.

Now you've done it...

Of God's and Men*
Man on Wire
Apocalypse Now*
Taxi Driver*
Barry Lyndon*
The Great Beauty*
The Tree of Life*
A Serious Man
The Seventh Seal
12 Years a Slave*
The Master*
All is Lost*
The Deer Hunter*
Children of Men
The Elephant Man*
Scent of a Woman*
25th Hour*
The King of Comedy*
...to name a few :D

*all starred films signify what I believe had a superior or at least on par lead performance with DDL in TWBB.

Last edited:
Now you've done it...

Of God's and Men*
Man on Wire
Apocalypse Now*
Taxi Driver*
Barry Lyndon*
The Great Beauty*
The Tree of Life*
A Serious Man
The Seventh Seal
12 Years a Slave*
The Master*
All is Lost*
The Deer Hunter*
Children of Men
The Elephant Man*
Scent of a Woman
25th Hour*
The King of Comedy*
...to name a few :D

*all starred films signify what I believe had a superior or at least on par lead performance with DDL in TWBB.

You name some excellent films! I am not convinced any of them top the stylistic direction or metaphorical symbolism that PTA so expertly crafted with TWBB. I don't believe any of them performances are superior or even on par with DDL's performance, but like I said earlier, it's all subjective :D

You name some excellent films! I am not convinced any of them top the stylistic direction or metaphorical symbolism that PTA so expertly crafted with TWBB. I don't believe any of them performances are superior or even on par with DDL's performance, but like I said earlier, it's all subjective :D

Absolutely! But to quote you directly, 'It's the greatest movie ever made, PERIOD!' - hence why I took issue with it :p Also, subjectively speaking, some people's subjective judgements are more correct than others. ;) I do like a good discussion on the subject though :thumbs:

Reactions: meth head
Absolutely! But to quote you directly, 'It's the greatest movie ever made, PERIOD!' - hence why I took issue with it :p Also, subjectively speaking, some people's subjective judgements are more correct than others. ;) I do like a good discussion on the subject though :thumbs:

I think I said that to knowingly ruffle a few feathers :hilarious:

I know exactly what you mean, you tend to respect the judgements of some more than others based on shared taste.

After this passionate debate, I will go out on a limb and say There Will Be Blood is a good film.

Taking a bold stand here. :cool:

I really loved this film when i first watched it and still do now. BUT then i watched THE MASTER, also by the same director, which is in my opinion the worst film i have ever paid actual money to watch and wish i could have that time back... slow, pointless, weird and frustrating to watch. Now when i watch there will be blood, it just makes me think of the master and ruins it for me! Hes now making another film with Joaquin Phoenix, dredd to think how dull its going to be!

Inherent Vice is a departure away from the associated 'norm' for PTA. It's a black comedy that is promised to be wildly entertaining. I for one can't wait for it, but then I am a little biased :p

I really loved this film when i first watched it and still do now. BUT then i watched THE MASTER, also by the same director, which is in my opinion the worst film i have ever paid actual money to watch and wish i could have that time back... slow, pointless, weird and frustrating to watch. Now when i watch there will be blood, it just makes me think of the master and ruins it for me! Hes now making another film with Joaquin Phoenix, dredd to think how dull its going to be!

The master is very black and white...people either really love it or really hate it, no grey area....I personally love the master and think its brilliant and it's my second favorite film of PTA after there will be blood, but all his films are amazing