3D Thor 3D Blu-Ray(Germany)Discussion

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
51iCOCdS8NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00511OQKS/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Already? Has anyone seen Thor in 3D yet? Is it worth it?

I don't think Paramount has ventured onto 3D BD outside of exclusive deals with Samsung here in the US which is a bummer.

In December-windows getting shortened from Theater to BD to about 6 months industry wide, but some studios even talking about shortening to 3 months. Killing the theater market more and more...

In December-windows getting shortened from Theater to BD to about 6 months industry wide, but some studios even talking about shortening to 3 months. Killing the theater market more and more...

Unfortunately the theaters are culprit as well for this low turn around. I remember when I payed 5.50 for adult now we pay 11 or 12 for regular entrance. Plus 40 bucks for 2 large drinks and popcorn. Tell me how they haven't made a contribution to this.

Hollywood is culprit too, years of crappy movies only made viewers wait for home release and save themselves from over spending.

I definitely agree with you there. Apparently it costs and arm and a leg to get the reels though, and the tickets themselves provide only a small % of revenue for theaters, because the studios get the biggest piece of the pie. Concessions are supposed to make up the difference. But when we're paying $6 for a hot dog (which I don't buy there), then that's just crazy. Makes me just buy candy at the supermarket in the 10 for $10 isle, LOL!