• Other Thor releases

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

SlimJim24

Team Emma
Premium Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
California
I'm rather curious how everyone feels about this. It seems like Thor has been especially popular in recent weeks.

I don't quite understand how there is any debate on which is best, but as you all know I'm biased.

I like Thor JP for the slip. I lived in Japan. I can read it (at least the katakana)

The Korea slip just doesn't suit me though either.

The blue banner, the one symbol on the bottom that covers up part of the artwork.

Anyway. They are definitely the top two, I'd say. Not much doubt about that.

Not sure which release had less copies.

Please share with me any information, thoughts, and feelings you have on the matter

I have both in hand. Thor Japan is nicer overall. Thor Korea is much nicer in the flesh than the pics would suggest.

If you had to choose one, go for Thor Japan.

You may want to consider Thor NZ as well. I think that that is not as nice as Thor Jpn or Korea but that is just my view based on the Thor NZ pics that I have seen.

Reactions: SlimJim24
All the same just a piece of paper OPEN YOUR EYES !!!!!!!!

only difference some THORS have 3d discs some don't same steel overall

If these people who buy just for a slip have so much money to burn give it to charity or adopt a orphan FFS.

IMO OF COURSE ;)

Reactions: RiX and SlimJim24

If these people who buy just for a slip have so much money to burn give it to charity or adopt a orphan FFS.

IMO OF COURSE ;)

Mellow down dude :cool: It may seem odd or irrelevant to one collector, but to another collector it is something they are very enthusiastic about. Can't knock enthusiasm, regardless of an opinion

And who's to say they haven't already donated to charities. Or even adopted an orphan! ;)

Mellow down dude :cool: It may seem odd or irrelevant to one collector, but to another collector it is something they are very enthusiastic about. Can't knock enthusiasm, regardless of an opinion

And who's to say they haven't already donated to charities. Or even adopted an orphan! ;)

I know mate but it is a bit silly for just some piece of card EEK!

Open the steel and take the card out and sell it on its own.....would anyone pay a few hundred pound for the piece of card alone ?

I would understand if the Steelbook was different but like I said its only my view :D

I know mate but it is a bit silly for just some piece of card EEK!

Open the steel and take the card out and sell it on its own.....would anyone pay a few hundred pound for the piece of card alone ?

I would understand if the Steelbook was different but like I said its only my view :D

Very good question! Not sure many get opened but maybe someone will answer that for you. I personally would prefer to have the steelbook still sealed to the card if I was paying that much for it :p

Can someone explain the difference. If slips are the only difference I surely do not get the huge valuations. I have Thor 3d BTW and it is a lovely steel. Couldn't care much for slips. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: RiX and SlimJim24
I got to be honest, I'm not a fan of either data sheets. If they were actually a 'slip' like the TW releases - such as CA and T4, IMO, I would class that as an 'exclusive slip'. I find data sheets very lazy. Not wishing to offend anyone who has a Thor KR or JP.

But if I had to choose....it be Thor Japan.

Reason is because you can see the foreign lettering on the front.

If it was a full slip would it still fit on wrecks stands?
I'm pretty sure my transformers lenti didn't? But I can't remember.

Thanks everyone for your insights

IMO OF COURSE ;)

I hear what you saying, mate. And I will think seriously about it. Thanks for your views. ;)

Have we really descended into a discussion about cardboard?

The design of steelbooks is the only thing worth debating. Bits of cardboard cover the beauty of these steels and anyone who leaves them sealed is missing out in a big way. I think it is a waste of money to get the same steel over and over again from different countries. Even more so it is a waste of time mentioning data sheets. Unless there's something on the discs, no point. literally. Donate to HDN or charity instead.

Think how many different SBs you could get for the money, or, a grail or two :naughty:

Have we really descended into a discussion about cardboard?

The design of steelbooks is the only thing worth debating. Bits of cardboard cover the beauty of these steels and anyone who leaves them sealed is missing out in a big way. I think it is a waste of money to get the same steel over and over again from different countries. Even more so it is a waste of time mentioning data sheets. Unless there's something on the discs, no point. literally. Donate to HDN or charity instead.

Think how many different SBs you could get for the money, or, a grail or two :naughty:

Thor JP will be my one and only Thor steel. I've held out for about a year now on getting a Thor steel because I knew this one was the ONE I wanted. I'm not buying it for resale value. If it was the least valuable Thor I'd still like it the best