Thor: The Dark World (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Tuesday July 16 2019 from 12 noon)
Price: £28.99
Notes: Limited to 2 per order at checkout

F02FF43E-9CDC-41AB-84B6-1CE582CB80AE.png

Artwork:-
BB7ED79C-7891-46C9-A1C1-5C5F30983CE8.png708EA791-A781-4EFC-8B34-6FAD1B249A25.pngE9948933-2D98-4BFD-A236-F66CBE636031.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday November 16th at 6pm UK time
Limited stock will be available

Red Carpet subscribers as usual likely will have access to purchase earlier during the day or day before

I dont understand why it was so easy to obtain all the 4K re releases in the US, you can still get most of them from Best Buy but the UK copies sold out so quickly. Even the least popular of the bunch such as this.
Was there a significant difference in the print runs? Curious if anyone knows? Sorry if this has been brought up previously, I didn't see any posta here or what I read on the Iron Man, Cap, and so forth. I realize the UK is still waiting for a few of the titles the US has already gotten: GOTG, AM, DR. S

I dont understand why it was so easy to obtain all the 4K re releases in the US, you can still get most of them from Best Buy but the UK copies sold out so quickly. Even the least popular of the bunch such as this.
Was there a significant difference in the print runs? Curious if anyone knows? Sorry if this has been brought up previously, I didn't see any posta here or what I read on the Iron Man, Cap, and so forth. I realize the UK is still waiting for a few of the titles the US has already gotten: GOTG, AM, DR. S
USA/Canada would have lot bigger print runs than UK
North America is a bigger market than UK with big a difference in population

North America print runs most times are 10,000 and a lot higher on some releases 25,000 and higher depends on the release involved

UK print runs would be 2,000 to 4,000 with back catalogue releases

But what do you know, Zavvi will release those GOTG, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange 4K steelbooks, already released in the US?
I asked at zavvi support, but i got no answer...
Regards!

But what do you know, Zavvi will release those GOTG, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange 4K steelbooks, already released in the US?
I asked at zavvi support, but i got no answer...
Regards!
I'm 90% certain they will be released after the year. My theory is we will get guardians of the galaxy (both films) first, then strange, then probably both ant man films similar to how we got the thor trilogy even though there's already 4k versions of ragnarok out there. However on these 4ks I am very surprised that there's no amary release yet. Especially for doctor strange as they have just released the phase 3 boxsets on 4k and obviously doctor strange is part of phase 3 and included in the set. Plus I think UK collectors would appreciate having their 4k collection complete even if we have to wait for the steelbooks a bit longer as the amary releases rarely match the steelbook releases anyway. But hey ho time will tell

USA/Canada would have lot bigger print runs than UK

Just wanna add that canada didn't get many at all, probably a lot less than what zaavi got.

We barely got any copies at all for Iron Man trilogy, cap trilogy and the other MCU movies released in 4k steelbooks. They were never available at all in store. You had to know when they go up on the best buy canada website and had to snag it right away. They sell out in a couple hours and don't come back until release day when it'll be up again for a few hours before selling out.

It's not the same as America. Canada gets nothing. We don't get the same version as americans, canada gets the bilingual editions. I guess they know they don't sell much here so they don't make much.

This wasn't true for Endgame or Captain Marvel, I guess because they were new films. Those were available for a long time.

Reactions: jc2ssych
God I love MCU steels. Keep them coming! Flood the already flooded market and then flood it some more.

Wooooo.
Haha, yeah that’s right. Having said that, i bought this and the first Thor 4k steelbook because the artwork and design on these two is the best, imo, out of all these recent Zavvi Marvel 4k steelbook releases so far ( bar maybe Captain America FA 4k steelbook, which i cancelled, then regretted........life). Didn’t order Ragnarok - the film’s rubbish. The first 2 Thor films hold true to Thor’s character, and i personally think Dark World is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. These first two Thor 4k steelbooks are beautiful.

Reactions: St4rlord