Thoughts on the DVD Sized Blu-ray/DVD Combo's recently released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
What are your thoughts on these?

I'm thinking these were very cheap to produce and or attempts to convert DVD folks over to blu-ray. As for the collector community, I dont see them holding huge value in our eyes ... or am I wrong?

I guess if they were extremely rare then people will still go nuts ala Hurt Locker Best Buy ... However, I'm sure there will be quite a few of these produced.

I guess we can also expect more if they sell good.

Wanted cover art is cool, Death race is lame since its same as the BR Steel which is rare and holds more prestige. King Kong, well I like that one since there isnt a blu steel of it. However, if you want DVD size King Kong there is an awesome looking landscape one that you could easily make into a blu-convert.

Wonder what these are retailing for in stores.

What are your thoughts on these?

I'm thinking these were very cheap to produce and or attempts to convert DVD folks over to blu-ray. As for the collector community, I dont see them holding huge value in our eyes ... or am I wrong?

I guess if they were extremely rare then people will still go nuts ala Hurt Locker Best Buy ... However, I'm sure there will be quite a few of these produced.

I guess we can also expect more if they sell good.

Wanted cover art is cool, Death race is lame since its same as the BR Steel which is rare and holds more prestige. King Kong, well I like that one since there isnt a blu steel of it. However, if you want DVD size King Kong there is an awesome looking landscape one that you could easily make into a blu-convert.

Wonder what these are retailing for in stores.
They are fugly. Noticed them the other day.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

G1 sixed cases belong to DVDs only.

I think it is great that they are including a blu-ray and a DVD in the same case, but IMO, the DVD is secondary and the focus should be put on the BD and the combo should come in a G2 size case

There are many many examples of the BD/DVD combo coming in a G2 size case and they should stick to that method

Cheers
CrashKelly

G1 sixed cases belong to DVDs only.

I think it is great that they are including a blu-ray and a DVD in the same case, but IMO, the DVD is secondary and the focus should be put on the BD and the combo should come in a G2 size case

There are many many examples of the BD/DVD combo coming in a G2 size case and they should stick to that method

Cheers
CrashKelly

Yes, Wolverine FNAC ftw. Although I dont mind the dvd size, but prefer blu-ray size. I would mind it if I had none or only one ... but I have a few dvd size steels and I just put them next to my digibooks and then they are flush so I dont notice it as much haha.

As it wasn't confusing enough to figure out a release, now we have to worry about size too?

I thought it was just something that they did in France with a couple of releases (like Sherlock Holmes), but if one were to label it a blu-ray steelbook, we've been assuming all along that they are blu-ray sized.

i have no dvd sized blu steels,it would have to be one special film with no other blu steel release for me to get one.and i don't see that happening,as blu steels get different releases worldwide.it's just another way of cashing in.and im not a fan of the combo,the dvd is pointless to me.

I agree with the rest of the group. I want my BDs in BD cases. The ONLY change toward DVD i'd accept is some BD cases that come in BLACK!

there is a limited release of the box in a black case.
from where i can't remember of the top of my head,but it's out there.

there is a limited release of the box in a black case.
from where i can't remember of the top of my head,but it's out there.

Yeah. I've seen them around on line... I doubt I'd ever get them. I usually switch all my cases over to blue. The only way i'd do the black ones is if I changed them all over to black. I need everything uniform.

France has insane BD color amarays... green, purple, black, yellow, orange etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.