USA
Release date: Feb 14, 2012
Purchase: Amazon

United States
99 minutes
Color
2.35:1
English

Lena Dunham got her start making YouTube videos, but she emerged as a major talent thanks to the breakthrough success of this exceptionally sharp comedy, which garnered the twenty-four-year-old writer-director-actor comparisons to the likes of Woody Allen. Dunham plays Aura, a recent college graduate who returns to New York and moves back in with her mother and sister (played by the filmmaker’s real-life mother and sister). Though Aura is gripped by stasis and confusion about her future, Dunham locates endless sources of refreshing humor in her plight. As painfully confessional as it is amusing, Tiny Furniture is an authentic, incisive portrait of a young woman at a crossroads.

Disc features:
  1. High-definition digital master, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
  2. Director Lena Dunham talks about filmmaking and autobiography in a new interview with writer and filmmaker Nora Ephron
  3. New interview with writer-director Paul Schrader
  4. Creative Nonfiction, Dunham’s first feature film, with an introduction by the director
  5. Four short films by Dunham
  6. Trailer
  7. PLUS: A new essay by critic Phillip Lopate

TinyFurniture.jpg

Three reasons:

Last edited by a moderator:
This was actually a pretty unique film that I just watched recently. I'm happy that the star/writer/director of the film Lena Dunham got hooked up with HBO now. She's the one that created and is starring in that new HBO show GIRLS (which I haven't watched yet...I hope it's good).