Top Gun (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: December 8, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon CA - Sunrise Records - Best Buy
Price: CDN $35.99 (Amazon) - CDN $29.99 (Sunrise - Best Buy)

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
Hopefully this isn't a Sunrise exclusive. I think I would rather order from Amazon Canada if they get it.
I don't know how the returns process works with Sunrise.

Reactions: Leafs17
Hopefully this isn't a Sunrise exclusive. I think I would rather order from Amazon Canada if they get it.
I once did a return in store... was plain and easy. But for online orders... no idea.

Reactions: Stygian
Oh and Amazon gets it:

Oh and Amazon gets it:

Awesome! Except for the price. Might have to go with Sunrise after all. $35.99 at Amazon. $29.99 at Sunrise.
Maybe Amazon will drop in price.

Think I'm gonna order from amazon for this reason. Would they return even after you open and see damage?

Not free shipping unless you spend $50 too

and apparently they ship in bubble mailer too..

any of you guys know if there will be a war of the worlds steelbook? the 4k blu ray release is around the same time as Top Gun but I haven't seen anything about a steel

Think I'm gonna order from amazon for this reason. Would they return even after you open and see damage?

Not free shipping unless you spend $50 too

and apparently they ship in bubble mailer too..

any of you guys know if there will be a war of the worlds steelbook? the 4k blu ray release is around the same time as Top Gun but I haven't seen anything about a steel

Amazon will take returns even after the steelbooks have been opened if there is damage.

• Informative
According to paulbolland in some other Top Gun threads on HDN this will be delayed due to changes to be made:

"Steelbook release postponed
Possible release date in December
Paramount noticed wrong fighter aircraft used in Artwork
It should be a F-14
Paramount have to do a new artwork design to fix the mistake
This affects all countries releases.
Paramount sent memo to retailers about release
FilmArena posted on Facebook the info they received from Paramount."

Best Buy still has it available to order and showing a release date of May 19th.
So maybe you all might want to put in an order so that if it does get cancelled perhaps there will be some ecertificates to be had :LOL:

• Haha
Best Buy USA has informed the people who have already ordered that it has been delayed until Dec. 8th.

Just checked Best Buy Canada's listing. No release date now.

Available for preorder
Scheduled Delivery: We’ll email you the earliest available delivery date.

Reactions: nacthenud
On Best Buy's site, when you click on the Top Gun steelbook, the date of May 19th appears briefly but then changes to
Available for preorder

I decided to check Jaws. The date of June 2 comes up briefly and the same message replaces the date.
Available for preorder

This seems to happen with any movie I click on now including amarays.

On Best Buy's site, when you click on the Top Gun steelbook, the date of May 19th appears briefly but then changes to
Available for preorder

I decided to check Jaws. The date of June 2 comes up briefly and the same message replaces the date.
Available for preorder

This seems to happen with any movie I click on now including amarays.

Of course now everything is back to normal showing release dates again including Top Gun as May 19th but that won't happen.

Best Buy finally updated the release date today to Dec. 8th. Still available to pre-order 7 months in advance.
So since they won't be cancelling orders I guess there isn't any chance at ecertificates lol.