Train to Busan / Seoul Station (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.045) [Korea]

What's Your Favorite Type?

• Type A

Votes: 38 40.9%
  • Type B

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Type C

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • 1/4 Slip

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 10, 2018 (Pre-order date is 7th June, 2018, 4PM Korea Time)
Purchase link: Type A - Type B - Type C - 1/4 Slip - Triple Pack - Quadruple Pack
Group Buy: Type A - Type B - Type C - 1/4 slip
Price: TBA
Note: The World's 1st Steelbook with Glow in the Dark feature. TRAIN TO BUSAN featuring DTS:X immersive 3D audio track and All-New Making Documentaries.

Type A | Type B | Type C | 1/4 Slip | Triple Pack
(* Design by Propaganda / Artwork Directing by Director Yeon)

TypeA.jpgTypeB.jpgTypeC.jpg1_4_Slip.jpg34756923_1405938359550642_6378734794926194688_o.jpg

upload_2018-5-29_9-18-37.png
TBSS_STEELBOOK.jpg

DWnPuSgVQAAqXeC.jpg

DWnPx7KVQAAEpsA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The French steelbook also contains the 2 films and it was sold 25 € with zero finish. Even with what's more, the price is not justified. I wanted to take the 1/4 slip but I gave up.
The French edition was useless unless you were French though.

Not English friendly and not a premium package. No comparisons there.......

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Yes, it's a bit pricier than usual. But you must remember this includes TWO full feature films. Which is reasonable enough IMO.
oh yeah i forgot there's Seoul Station included.:D and a CD soundtrack too. hmm that CD would add a few dollars. PA should have given one option without the CD as i don't think many would care about the soundtrack.

i don't understand why the 1/4 slip is sold out as there is no print run stated. so this is not an open pre-order?

The French edition was useless unless you were French though.

Not English friendly and not a premium package. No comparisons there.......

You say, "you must remember this includes TWO full feature films" to justify the prize. So you're talking about content and no container. So as I also talk about content, it's quite comparable. And in addition it has a matte finish and the 1/4 slip is at the same price as other editions.
So we can largely compare and say that the price is very excessive.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
You say, "you must remember this includes TWO full feature films" to justify the prize. So you're talking about content and no container. So as I also talk about content, it's quite comparable. And in addition it has a matte finish and the 1/4 slip is at the same price as other editions.

Does the French SteelBook have
- english subs
- DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, and DTS: Headphone X tracks
- all-new making documentaries
- original soundtrack CD
?
Is the content really comparable?

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

PA also foot the bill for new making-of content produced especially for this version AFAIK which also factors in to production costs. I anticipated the price would probably be higher as a result and imagined just as when people wanted english subtitled extras on Old Days/OldBoy extras - they would also want it here. But no one seemed to care to ask for them. :rofl: Could have probably been added and made people feel they were getting more content for their money. Or at least content that was english friendly anyway.

Does the French SteelBook have
- english subs
- DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, and DTS: Headphone X tracks
- all-new making documentaries
- original soundtrack CD
?
Is the content really comparable?

No booklets, no slipcovers, no comparisons!!

Our disagreement is that there are two films, not the rest. This is the argument of BluSteel2012 that I dispute, it seemed rather clear from the start. But, if you are happy to have put nearly 60 € for this edition, I am also happy for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bunk
Our disagreement is that there are two films, not the rest. This is the argument of BluSteel2012 that I dispute, it seemed rather clear from the start. But, if you are happy to have put nearly 60 € for this edition, I am also happy for you.

My disagreement from the start was that it was not English friendly and not a premium edition.

PA also foot the bill for new making-of content produced especially for this version AFAIK which also factors in to production costs. I anticipated the price would probably be higher as a result and imagined just as when people wanted english subtitled extras on Old Days/OldBoy extras - they would also want it here. But no one seemed to care to ask for them. :rofl: Could have probably been added and made people feel they were getting more content for their money. Or at least content that was english friendly anyway.
Are the discs actually different to the Korean amaray version already released many months ago (not by PA btw)

What's the difference??

From PA Facebook

Director Yeon not only approved the Train to Busan + Seoul Station Blu-ray Steelbook, but he was involved in the making of the product's video, audio, and artwork.

This is the World's First Glow-in-the-Dark Steelbook. Made in Denmark.

Train to Busan features DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, and DTS: Headphone X.

Train to Busan also features a brand new Special Making Documentary, Crew Commentary, and an Original Soundtrack CD.

Seoul Station features Behind the Scenes and Audio Commentary by Director Yeon and Film Critic Na.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: misformatt