Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective - Season 1
Price: $44.99

17325105.jpg

17325105_Alt01.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's really strange. 'The Long Bright Dark' is the title to episode one... but it was never used as a subtitle to the show itself. Unless HBO have decided to retrospectively give it a subtitle with the intention of giving the upcoming season a subtitle as well (much like how American Horror Story is done) then I'm not sure how I feel about having 'The Long Bright Dark' on there.

I believe that's is exactly what they are doing, this way they can call the overall idea True Detective but each season will have a separate subtitle. I'm sure if that is really what they are doing than season 2 will have a subtitle from the start.

Is there a chance Best Buy Canada won't carry this because the product is being sold by Target US and not Best Buy US?
Good question. Another similar question in the same vein, since Future shop is now Best Buy, does that mean the former Future Shop exclusives will be available in Best Buy in the U.S.??
Quid Pro Quo, Canada. Quid Pro Quo!;)

Last edited:
Good question. Another similar question in the same vain, simce Future shop is now Best Buy, does that mean the former Future Shop exclusives will be available in Best Buy in the U.S.??
Quid Pro Quo, Canada. Quid Pro Quo!;)
I have enquired about tjis n in a US Best buy and they have told me that Best Buy US and Best Buy Canada are different entities. For this reason they will not be available at both places and you cannot order a Canada release and have it shipped to a US store.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Info on the Steelbook from Mondo:

The design features Phantom City Creative’s poster artwork on the outside, beautifully textured with metallic effects and an incredible partial varnish, paired with Jay’s poster set on the inside.

Special Features:
Making True Detective
Behind-the-scenes interviews with cast and crew, including unseen footage

Up Close with Matthew McConqughey and Woody Harrelson
Exclusive interviews with the stars about filming the series

A Conversation with Nic Pizzolatoo and T Bone Burnett
An in-depth discussion with the series creator/executive producer/writer and the legendary composer on the series and the pivotal role of music

Inside the Episode
Nic Pizzolatto and director Cary Joji Fukunaga share their thoughts on character development and offer insights into each episode

Audio Commentaries
Two audio commentaries featuring Nic Pizzolatto, T Bone Burnett and Executive Producer ScottStephens

Audio:
English DTS-HD Master Audio(TM) 5.1
French DTS Digital Surround(TM) 5.1
Spanish DTS Digital Surround(TM) 2.0

Subtitles:
English SDH, French, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Run Time:
Approximately 458 minutes

true-jpg.160631

I'm leaning more and more to pick this up especially on how good the series is but I'm really not too crazy on the $45 price tag. The cover art I'm not too fond of either but its the quality of the content.

I'm leaning more and more to pick this up especially on how good the series is but I'm really not too crazy on the $45 price tag. The cover art I'm not too fond of either but its the quality of the content.
Opposite here. I think the show is good, not great- but I love the steelbook art.:D