Twister (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Turbine) [Germany]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: Summer 2024
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA

IMG_2437.jpeg

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Oh sh!t I’ve only just seen this. So this means different art to the stencil steel right? Please…

I've just noticed from a pre-order listing on OrbitDVD that there will be a UK version in a Warner Bros Ultimate Collectors Edition.

I guess an official announcement will happen soon.

I've just noticed from a pre-order listing on OrbitDVD that there will be a UK version in a Warner Bros Ultimate Collectors Edition.

It isn't WB over here, so that'll be a Universal collectors edition. Good find though! I hadn't heard that they were planning one.

Hmm, it'll then be the same ruined green transfer, but I'll buy it for the booklet and cards... maybe replace with a Turbine steelbook.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
When this first came out I liked it for the special effects, but when I watched it on TV last week, I realised apart from that it's nothing but people driving through fields like maniacs and shouting a lot.

When this first came out I liked it for the special effects, but when I watched it on TV last week, I realised apart from that it's nothing but people driving through fields like maniacs and shouting a lot.
It was a film of it's time. This film always transports me back to those generic 90s summer blockbuster films like Dante's Peak, The River Wild, Hard Rain etc... Even Jurassic Park.

So I love these films for nostalgic reasons. Not sure what Gen Z audiences would make of these now though....

Used to watch this a lot as a kid so decided to watch it again last week because it had been a while. I thought it had aged very well and was action packed throughout, nearly non stop. I kinda forgot how busy this film is and thats awesome. So honestly no idea what you're on about

Used to watch this a lot as a kid so decided to watch it again last week because it had been a while. I thought it had aged very well and was action packed throughout, nearly non stop. I kinda forgot how busy this film is and thats awesome. So honestly no idea what you're on about
Yeah, over the years this movie had become one of my favorites, because there isn't just 'special effects', which are not annoying or cartoonish, like now, or tiresome, like in Transformers, but also great characters and music, emotional involvement with them, and it's strangely rewatchable.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Yeah, over the years this movie had become one of my favorites, because there isn't just 'special effects', which are not annoying or cartoonish, like now, or tiresome, like in Transformers, but also great characters and music, emotional involvement with them, and it's strangely rewatchable.
Story gets emotional, great group of kooky characters, incredible shots of the location scenery, Bill Paxton, clips of the Shining, young stoner Philip Seymour Hoffman, flying cows, crazy tornadoes and savage over the top deaths in under 2 hours. What’s not to love?