Unique (Unreleased)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Screenrant:

It’s been 18 years since The X-Files landed on “The Fox Network”, and now its creator Chris Carter is returning to the television game with a new pilot. Unique is a supernatural police thriller focusing on a female lead.

…and that’s it. In true X-Files fashion, there’s a lot more questions than answers available to inquiring minds. Carter is set to both write and produce the pilot, but no real plot points are available, no other crew has been announced, and no names have been put forth for the female lead. (And before anyone asks, Gillian Anderson might be out of the question – the 43-year-old is set to play Miss Havisham in a Great Expectations miniseries next year.)

Carter spent the better part of a decade writing and producing all 201 episodes of The X-Files, not to mention The X-Files film in 1998 and its sequel The X-Files: I Want To Believe ten years later. With the exception of a documentary miniseries called Threads of Mythology, he hasn’t been involved in a TV project since the end of the series in 2002. X-Files is nothing less that a cultural icon, and it helped take The Fox Network from a small startup network to one of TV’s “Big Four.”

While it’s difficult to predict when a project the chances for a show that is so far out from even a pilot order, it’s hard to think that any cable or broadcast network wouldn’t at least be interested in Unique. Unfortunately, shows that combine a supernatural element with a more typical premise haven’t fared well in the last pilot season.

Attachments

• No Pic.jpg
    No Pic.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't mind shows with strong leads, regardless of sex, as long as they are good. Up until the last few years, TV was lacking meaty shows with female leads,and luckily that has changed. But, in this instance, I am more concerned about how similar this will be to the likes of X-Files, Fringe, etc. I guess I'll see what info gets released as we get closer, but I hope 'Unique' lives up to its name...

Last edited:
Isn't Fringe just the new X-files?? I love them both severly too....even one episode in Fringe they mentioned it was a division classified as "X".

I really hope they end up doing a 3rd film too....I loved both x-files films.

This new show sounds interesting....as long as it's dark. Some of Carter's lighter stuff isn't very good.