snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: UP 3D
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 units, 2 disc edition: 3D disc is Region FREE, 2D is Region B.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    10864601-1385746462-289118.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited by a moderator:

How can I say dull colours? By looking at the image. $55 is worth it in my opinion because I know I'll get a quality produce, plus it's not like it will decrease in price.

There is a big difference between the artwork shown and actual steelbook in hands. Blu fans steels do NOT keep there prices anymore IMO i dont think any steelbook is worth $55.00.

There is a big difference between the artwork shown and actual steelbook in hands. Blu fans steels do NOT keep there prices anymore IMO i dont think any steelbook is worth $55.00.

You're right, most zavvi steelbooks are more dissapointing and duller than what they look like in the pic. There is a big difference, and in hand this will probably be worse. And it's funny you say that as there are no blufans steelbook's currently for sale on ebay for less than retail price. Many steelbooks in my opinion warrant a price of $55.

You're right, most zavvi steelbooks are more dissapointing and duller than what they look like in the pic. There is a big difference, and in hand this will probably be worse. And it's funny you say that as there are no blufans steelbook's currently for sale on ebay for less than retail price. Many steelbooks in my opinion warrant a price of $55.

Just wait to its released they will be dirt cheap on ebay like all blu fans steels, to say you think its going to be dull and your not interested why keep coming back this thread move on from it.

Just wait to its released they will be dirt cheap on ebay like all blu fans steels, to say you think its going to be dull and your not interested why keep coming back this thread move on from it.

I am interested in this steelbook, i'm going to purchase it. But you're wrong in saying it's the nicest release and what I can access on this forum. And also, have you checked ebay? The blufans releases are not 'dirt cheap.' :hilarious:

Reactions: hayemaker
Ive got a feeling all these are gonna be streaky thin cheap matte finishes :(

Well if they are they will be going right back !!

And think how bad that blue isn't going to look. Think planes. Hopefully the gloss machine will be fixed soon before this goes into production.

But just think, once the gloss machine is fully working, zavvi can do a MK2 release and charge 28 quid next time :hilarious:

I think you can count on a border. There hasn't been a Zavvi Disney release without pointless borders :( The best Disney steelbooks are just plain with no embossing or debossing. Just awesome artwork

Well that's not true is it? How about Monsters University? Starship Troopers? Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Plus the borders aren't pointless, they are needed if the Steelbook is to have embossing. A lot of people like embossing, just because you don't it doesn't make them pointless. Anyway, if they are going to get this right, it needs to have a gloss finish first and foremost. If they insist on some kind of debossing/embossing, then a debossed title would do just fine.

Reactions: ben6212
I think it will be good. Lets be honest planes was going to take a LONG time to sell out even if it was a matte finish or glossy. They know it will get reduced. We all know it will. Up is different. Up will sell out just like nemo and will have a superior finish,like nemo. Watch this space

In all reality, Starship troopers is a Disney by default and not marketed as a Disney release. Roger Rabbit is not flat and Monsters University was part of a worldwide run. If we are talking about classic Disney / Pixar non of the Zavvi released ones have been up to par with some of the original North American releases. Must be a Zavvi thing though since Disneys released in Asia recently are all flat and IMO perfect for iconic Disney titles

Last edited:
Reactions: djprodikis
Regardless of border, I want the title debossed. I wanted the same for blufans but no luck. I think it'd look good. Not to mention it'd look silly being embossed and then something that's layered on top of it not being embossed (Like aladdins head) but in this scenario, the house.

In all reality, Starship troopers is a Disney by default and not marketed as a Disney release. Roger Rabbit is not flat and Monsters University was part of a worldwide run. If we are talking about classic Disney / Pixar non has been up to par with some of the original North American releases. Must be a Zavvi thing though since Disneys released in Asia recently are all flat and IMO perfect for iconic Disney titles

Like it or not, those are all Disney releases, all Zavvi exclusives and none have the 'pointless border' you speak of. As I said, your dislike of embossing and borders doesn't make it pointless. I would also beg to differ about none of Zavvi's Disney releases being up to par with the original NA releases. Aladdin and WFRR are as good as any Disney Steelbook released to date in any country and The Jungle Book isn't too far behind either. I admit they have been a disappointment since those titles, but then again there haven't been too many nice Steelbooks from any studio, retailer or country in the last few months.

Why is it that Blufans are seen as untouchable by some members? Yes they released some great Steelbooks but often they are delayed, have quality issues with finishing and are very expensive. They aren't that limited nowadays either. I also don't think the quality is as good as some make it out to be. Early this year I received Face/Off and the HDzeta version of Lawrence of Arabia and I thought the later blew the Blufans release away.

You've hardly chosen a bad steelbook to compare it to, not much can compare to Lawrence of Arabia anywhere.

I can only speak of the Blufans releases I have but when they give you Wreck-It Ralph, Face Off and Oz in the same year then you can say the reputation they have with their customers is deserved. The WIR damage is a separate issue that has hopefully been addressed.

We already know (ahead of time) that UP has great artwork with a high gloss finish and their Monsters University blows the terrible worldwide release away. Blufans are not perfect, but they are getting there.

WIR was a disaster from Blufans with quality control issues. But they very soon realised what the problem was and now seal the Steelbook before adding the slip. On my copy which Kevin refunded 100%. It was obvious that most of the scratches on the back had been caused when adding the slip....
OZ from Blufans is an outstanding Steelbook. I would even go as far as saying it might be the best steel I have ever seen.
LOA is also one of the most incredible Steelbooks I have the privilege of owning. And those 2 are superb examples of how to create and finish a steel.

I only wish there were more of that caliber.
Alas they are in the minority these days...IMO

For me anyway if it wasn't for company's like Blufans, HDZeta, collecting would be pointless.

Well said both of you. Blufans and kimchi (I can't speak for HDZeta) are examples of how steelbooks should be. Quality art, great finishes, only embossed/debossed if it helps the steelbook and not a new release every 10 minutes. The quality in these releases and some of zavvi's really make them stand out in my collection and i'm fortunate to own some of them.:scat: