Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Director

Who should win the Oscar for Best Director?

• Alejandro G. Iñárritu-Birdman

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Richard Linklater-Boyhood

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Bennett Miller-Foxcatcher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wes Anderson-The Grand Budapest Hotel

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Morten Tyldum-The Imitation Game

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
The Oscars are February 22,2015.
Join in and discuss your favorite pics and thoughts on the year's films.

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
Alejandro G. Iñárritu

Boyhood
Richard Linklater

Foxcatcher
Bennett Miller

The Grand Budapest Hotel
Wes Anderson

The Imitation Game
Morten Tyldum
dir-alex.jpg

dir-bennett.jpg
dir-linklater.jpg
dir-mort.jpg
dir-wes.jpg

Attachments

• dir.png
    dir.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,283
I saw Bennett Miller in action and he is very good, Richard Linklater pulled off something amazing, Alejandro Iñárritu created a masterpiece, and Morten Tyldum has a very unique film, but I have to go with Wes Anderson because his movies consistently hit me and The Grand Budapest Hotel is the culmination of all of those hits.

An accomplishment indeed for Linklater, although Boyhood IMO was a snooze-fest. Personally would go with any of the other nominees.

I have to go with Linklater. What he accomplished with Boyhood is completely amazing.
Completely agree... he definitely deserves it the most, even if I did enjoy The Grand Budapest Hotel more than Boyhood.

I think this will be a win for Birdman. Boyhood could pull an upset, but I think Birdman has all the tricks the academy loves and considering the diversity controversy surrounding this year, they probably will go with Alejandro. He was nominated before in 2007 and got a best foreign film film nom for 'Biutiful' in 2010. It is 'his turn'.