Walmart [USA/Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
walmart_logo_214x54.gif

Feel free to discuss shopping experiences, policies, pricing, etc in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colombianlove41
Just had to rant about the poor quality of packaging for Wal-mart. I ordered 2 of the GI Joe: Retaliation steels, and both were absolutely destroyed inside a standard mailer. One was bent so badly one of the discs had broken inside. I paid to have it shipped to me in that condition?:angry: At least the nice lady at customer service (a rarity, I know), was able to refund my money(including shipping) and place a site-to-store order for me, since my store didn't get a single steelbook in. I have very little confidence that I'll get a nice copy of this steel, but the movie was a disappointment, why wouldn't the steelbook buying experience be as well? Just don't know if I can order from them online again.

Hello, thats odd. I ordered the same steelbook and it arrived with a T-shirt protected in bubble mailer, no damage..could just be the luck of the draw..

Got my 'villain' set and box was smashed. Items inside ok, so I won't be returning, but, these types of sets should not be getting shipped in a bubble mailer!

Reactions: Ricker
I order 26 for my GB and 4 of them were smashed in the boxes they shipped them in. Luckily I could get them all replaced. Being shipped in a box they should not arrive damaged either.

I have to say, quality wise, Wal-Mart has released the best steelbooks in the US this year. Of the ones I personally have, A Christmas Story, Elf, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and Man of Steel have all been glossy, had inner art, and 2 discs. Joe came with dog tags, Elf has a 5 track cd, and MoS of course with the beautiful full lenticular magnetic.

I didn't personally care for Star Trek, it looked cool, but I'm not a Trekkie

And I'm not counting the WB & Universal steels that BB and other retailers also got.

Overall, well played Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
I agree with a few members from this post, Walmart's shipping methods are horrible. I ordered Elf, star trek and a Christmas story, they were packaged in a pastic bag compared to man of steel, where I received the copy in a small box. If it were up to me I would ship it in a box with the protective bubbles for security. I had to return the sb, and when I did there weren't anymore in the store. horrible experience.

here is my advice, ordering from an online store is a roll of the dice, good luck.

Alright, so I've just had my first experience with Walmart over their new "Warcraft Exclusive Steelbook".
This experience was not pleasant.

I live in the area of the US where there are no Walmarts in our state. None. Nada. Zip.
But, I was purchasing this as a gift so- as such- I bought it for Store Pick-Up (the only option available) in the area where my boyfriend lives.
I got the email confirmation saying that the order was ready to be picked up!

Walmart first claimed that my order was never placed. Then they claimed that the order had been lost. Then they claimed that they were out of stock. Then they claimed that they had never received the order in the first place. After contacting Walmart.com's customer service, I was placed in a telephone loop for over an hour, with each person I was talking to transferring me to a different department (have you ever seen Kurosawa's "Ikiru"? Yeah- like that). So much time was wasted. The issue was still not resolved. I was charged for the Steelbook, and I have no idea if I'm even going to get the steelbook at all. I sent an email to the store's management so-- here's hoping that they actually DO something.